• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UN Experts Express Alarm over "Credible Allegations" of Sexual Assault and Rape Targeting Palestinian Women and Committed by the IDF

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
IDF used torture to extract false confessions from UNWRA members

From the linked article:

Screenshot from 2024-03-10 06-38-34.png

Severe physical beatings leave a mark, but there are never any pictures. There are only the rumors which are immediately believed by those who are already prejudiced.

This is what the Palestinian solders do to force a confession. Notice. There's *actual* evidence. Pictures.

Screenshot from 2024-03-10 06-45-55.png

Here's an article that has pictures from a Houthi detainee in Yemen. Yes, those are the ones who are fighting for the Palestinian "cause". When there is *actual* abuse like that which is being claimed; there's evidence. That's why these allegations BY UNRWA that THEY are being abused can be ignored. And it shows that UNRWA cannot be trusted to be honest when it comes to allegations about israel.

1710078650059.png

"The AP spoke with 23 people who said they survived or witnessed torture in Houthi [ anti-israel Islamic extremist ] detention sites, as well as with eight relatives of detainees, five lawyers and rights activists, and three security officers involved in prisoner swaps who said they saw marks of torture on inmates.'​

Last edited by a moderator:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Are we talking about Hamas or Israel? See: misinformation ...

Therefore, when possible, fact-check everything.

@Debater Slayer is fact checking nothing. Just spreading rumors, but phrasing it in a way which permits denying it.

"I'm calling for an investigation of these serious allegations" Except they're not serious at all. Propping them up AS serious is the propaganda.

Making accusations of "tribalism" when confronted with this shows what I'm saying has merit.

Last edited:

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
You may wish to tone down your assertions.

Why? Because the man is an admin on this website? He gets a free-pass to spread propaganda?

Making accusations of "tribalism" when confronted with this shows what I'm saying has merit. @Debater Slayer has nothing but name calling to defend his position.

Firenze

Premium Member
Why? Because the man is an admin on this website? He gets a free-pass to spread propaganda?

Making accusations of "tribalism" when confronted with this shows what I'm saying has merit. @Debater Slayer has nothing but name calling to defend his position.
Well, there's the 10,000 or so dead Palestinian children.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
No, because I find him to be an intelligent, honest, and thoughtful contributor (and friend)

Your friend is not showing any indication of fact checking nor provided any reasons WHY these allegations are considered credible or "serious".

The fact that an individual is intelligent contributes to their emotional manipulation. Intelligent people often do not consider that they themselves are capable of being manipulated emotionally. They consider themselves "too smart" for that. When confronted with it, they will strongly deny it, because it compromises their self-identity as an "intelligent" person. It's not their intelligence that's being exploited. It's their emotions.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Well, there's the 10,000 or so dead Palestinian children.

A "child" stabbed someone repeatedly last week if I recall in israel. A police officer? The Palestinians recruit children to conduct their operations. A child, 14, 15, 16 years old can certainly be a soldier. Just because they are technically a child doesn't mean they cannot aim a rifle and pull the trigger. Also, if the parents make the choice to stay in a war-zone, despite adequate warning to flee, that's the parent's poor judgement which produces the child's death, not israel's.

But none of this has anything to do with targeting and exploiting women. At best it's "If israel is OK with killing 10,000 children, then claims about exploitation of women are credible regardless of the details of the claim."

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
The Palestinians recruit children to conduct their operations.
Imagine that. An occupied people fight back...
Also, if the parents make the choice to stay in a war-zone, despite adequate warning to flee, that's the parent's poor judgement which produces the child's death, not israel's.
FLEE WHERE. Your nation bombs all the forced evacuation routes and refugee camps. In B4 "Hamas".

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
No, because I find him to be an intelligent, honest, and thoughtful contributor (and friend) while it seems to me that you are spinning out of control.

Thanks you so much, Jay. I find myself recalling your post from earlier today about unproductive engagement. Unfortunately, "unproductive engagement" seems to characterize a signifcant volume of political commentary nowadays, including the unfounded assumptions about intentions and the jumping to conclusions in some posts in this thread.

Firenze

Premium Member
A "child" stabbed someone repeatedly last week if I recall in israel. A police officer? The Palestinians recruit children to conduct their operations. A child, 14, 15, 16 years old can certainly be a soldier. Just because they are technically a child doesn't mean they cannot aim a rifle and pull the trigger. Also, if the parents make the choice to stay in a war-zone, despite adequate warning to flee, that's the parent's poor judgement which produces the child's death, not israel's.

But none of this has anything to do with targeting and exploiting women. At best it's "If israel is OK with killing 10,000 children, then claims about exploitation of women are credible regardless of the details of the claim."
If your only choice was to see your wife assaulted, or your child killed - which would you choose? I think the murder of children is worse than sexual assault, but that's just me.

Children as young as infants were killed. They weren't soldiers. But you knew that. And what happened to those that did flee? They now face famine conditions - which countries with more decency than Israel are trying to mitigate. I get it. You're just a shill for noble, self-righteous, pious Israel. You have an excuse for every atrocity. *Staff Edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
To balance this a bit:

NPR, NY Times, Wired, Al Jezeera but the source is the UN and the UN's source is UNRAR and Hamas. This is really one source, and that source is a known opponent to peace. The UN also is not credible, despite Hollywood representations of it and its wishful thinking. Hollywood tends to talk about the UN as a glowing organization, quite opposite from how it actually functions. I have not posted it recently, but academic concerns about UNRAR support for Hamas goes back at least two years. The UN also is a mishmash of countries many of which oppose the US in the Middle East.

The journalism of NPR, NY Times and Al Jezeera also is questionable these days, as they tend to focus upon commentary and persuasive speech instead of reporting. Wired is a technology magazine, and I really like some of its articles.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Thanks you so much, Jay. I find myself recalling your post from earlier today about unproductive engagement. Unfortunately, "unproductive engagement" seems to characterize a signifcant volume of political commentary nowadays, including the unfounded assumptions about intentions and the jumping to conclusions in some posts in this thread.

All you need to do is provide the REASONS why YOU believe allegations are credible or are serious. Or perhaps, the better approach would be admitting that there are no reasons to believe they are credible and serious.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!

OH!

I haven't believed a lick of anything to come out of that region since Israel shut down the internet.

So you trust nothing coming from the region since the beginning of the war? That's probably a good policy. It's too soon to get a fair assessment? Rape, murder, etc... are criminal allegations. Criminal cases take time to develop. The evidence is rarely made public until long after the trial.

Firenze

Premium Member
OH!

So you trust nothing coming from the region since the beginning of the war? That's probably a good policy. It's too soon to get a fair assessment? Rape, murder, etc... are criminal allegations. Criminal cases take time to develop. The evidence is rarely made public until long after the trial.
How much time did you give the criminal allegations of rape against Hamas before you claimed them as facts? But I guess it's nice you're more than willing to wait until after any trials before deciding if IDF did anything wrong.