• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ukrainians use horses to process the trauma of war

Rachel Rugelach

Shalom, y'all.
Staff member
Premium Member
I have never doubted the emotional healing power of our animal companions, and I was deeply moved by this video that shows how Ukrainians, mostly the children and their mothers, are being emotionally healed by their exposure to horses and dogs on this farm. Ukrainian soldiers, as well, are given a brief respite from the fighting by coming here.

Quoted from the video: "Just outside of Kyiv is a haven of peace where some Ukrainians are using horses to de-stress from the horrors of war... Healing on horseback the wounds of Russia's war on Ukraine, on children and their parents -- not just physical but psychological. Equine therapy and animal therapy are proven methods of managing trauma and lowering stress... More than 5,000 children have come here for mental healing, redirecting their trauma and re-centering themselves through touch and care. Nearly 300 service members have come here, too, some with skepticism, anger, and post-traumatic stress disorder."

@Sgt. Pepper - You may especially enjoy near the end of the video, where one of the Ukrainian children is singing a Beatles song.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I have never doubted the emotional healing power of our animal companions, and I was deeply moved by this video that shows how Ukrainians, mostly the children and their mothers, are being emotionally healed by their exposure to horses and dogs on this farm. Ukrainian soldiers, as well, are given a brief respite from the fighting by coming here.

Quoted from the video: "Just outside of Kyiv is a haven of peace where some Ukrainians are using horses to de-stress from the horrors of war... Healing on horseback the wounds of Russia's war on Ukraine, on children and their parents -- not just physical but psychological. Equine therapy and animal therapy are proven methods of managing trauma and lowering stress... More than 5,000 children have come here for mental healing, redirecting their trauma and re-centering themselves through touch and care. Nearly 300 service members have come here, too, some with skepticism, anger, and post-traumatic stress disorder."

@Sgt. Pepper - You may especially enjoy near the end of the video, where one of the Ukrainian children is singing a Beatles song.

As long as they don't see Putin shirtless on horseback.

Animals are good therapy no doubt.