• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

UK News: Queen's Special Broadcast and Boris Johnson in Hospital

Laika

Premium Member
The Queen delivered a special broadcast in the UK on the Coronavirus. The message, planned in "close consultation" with the UK government, is hoped to encourage a continued commitment to self-isolation amongst the public during the crisis, particularly given the prospect of warmer weather and its temptations.

On Sunday evening, Prime minister Boris Johnson was admitted to hospital with a high fever on the advice of his doctors. Downing Street has insisted that he is under going routine tests and remains fit to run the country. If that were to change, Dominic Raab, the foreign sectary and first secretary of state, is the designated minister to take over. Raab is expected to chair a meeting on Monday morning of the C-19 committee which is leading the response to the Pandemic.

PM Boris Johnson in Hospital: Boris Johnson can run country from hospital bed, says UK minister

The Queen's Broadcast: 'We will meet again': Queen urges Britons to stay strong

Any thoughts on the situation in the UK or around the world? How are you holding up?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I don't get it. Are they saying his fever caused Mr. Johnson to become "fit to run the country" -- because he sure was not fit before the fever.

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
Raab co-authored Brittania Unchained: Apparently British workers are lazy, so they won't be missed while they're all sitting at home will they / Lower taxes, then we can have an even more impoverished public health service. Another rightwing head case.

Will Johnson still be shaking peoples hands?

Cummings will remain de facto PM.

I'm doing OK, thanks. Hope you are too.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
The Queen delivered a special broadcast in the UK on the Coronavirus. The message, planned in "close consultation" with the UK government, is hoped to encourage a continued commitment to self-isolation amongst the public during the crisis, particularly given the prospect of warmer weather and its temptations.

On Sunday evening, Prime minister Boris Johnson was admitted to hospital with a high fever on the advice of his doctors. Downing Street has insisted that he is under going routine tests and remains fit to run the country. If that were to change, Dominic Raab, the foreign sectary and first secretary of state, is the designated minister to take over. Raab is expected to chair a meeting on Monday morning of the C-19 committee which is leading the response to the Pandemic.

PM Boris Johnson in Hospital: Boris Johnson can run country from hospital bed, says UK minister

The Queen's Broadcast: 'We will meet again': Queen urges Britons to stay strong

Any thoughts on the situation in the UK or around the world? How are you holding up?

I just heard a side by side comparison of what the Queen said and what Trump said yesterday in his sideshow. WOW. I am embarrassed to be an American.

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
"Boris Johnson in hospital" dude looks like he'd have a few pre-existing conditions to elevate his risk.

pearl

Madge can self-isolate in the east wing, Slitty-eyed Phil in the west.

I take it that you are not a fan of Phillip. If there is any comparison with his character, or lack there of in the movie 'The Queen', I have to agree with you. Any news on Boris' pregnant girlfriend?

Secret Chief

nirvana is samsara
I take it that you are not a fan of Phillip. If there is any comparison with his character, or lack there of in the movie 'The Queen', I have to agree with you. Any news on Boris' pregnant girlfriend?
Not him or the institution. I haven't seen that film, so sorry can't comment.
Last I heard, she has symptoms.

pearl

I just heard a side by side comparison of what the Queen said and what Trump said yesterday in his sideshow. WOW. I am embarrassed to be an American.

Trump is the ultimate embarrassment. If he would only shut up and let the science professionals take the leadership we would have been in a much better position than we are at the present. While Trump is supporting the drug;
Trump cuts off top coronavirus adviser over anti-malarial drug during daily briefing
DONALD TRUMP cut off Dr Anthony Fauci from answering a question on the effectiveness of an anti-malarial drug during the daily White House press briefing.
Trump cuts off top coronavirus adviser over anti-malarial drug during daily briefing

Laika

Premium Member

Messages of support are coming in from Politicians and members of Parliament on Twitter.

Coronavirus: Boris Johnson taken into intensive care – live updates

It would be the supreme irony if Johnson, someone who has no doubt coveted the role of Prime minister probably most of his life, were to die in office. Nevertheless, I hope he pulls through. I don't like his politics but he doesn't deserve this.