• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. retaliates

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The Washington Post is reporting ...

U.S. forces launched a broad attack against Iran’s military and affiliated militias in Iraq and Syria on Friday, delivering a blow to armed groups that Washington has blamed for killing American troops in Jordan and a toxic surge of violence across the Middle East.​
U.S. Central Command said that American forces, using aircraft including long-range bombers flown from the United States, hit more than 85 targets affiliated with Iran’s powerful Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps’ (IRGC) Quds Force and local militias it supports, including command centers, intelligence sites and drone storage sites.​
The operation appeared to mark the opening of what officials have said would be a multiday campaign aimed at various targets close to Iran, which the Biden administration has blamed for a spiraling of militant violence since the start of Israel’s war in the Gaza Strip, including a drone attack Sunday that killed three U.S. service members and injured dozens more at a remote outpost in Jordan. [source]​

It will be interesting to see the Hezbollah response.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Good. Attacking Iran will definitely have the
effect of inspiring Iran to cease operations
that oppose USA & Israel. More war is the
path to peace in the Middle East.

I'm being sarcastic.

Genocide Joe aspires to become "Blood & Guts Joe"?

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Good. Attacking Iran will definitely have the
effect of inspiring Iran to cease operations
that oppose USA & Israel. More war is the
path to peace in the Middle East.

I'm being sarcastic.

Genocide Joe aspires to become "Blood & Guts Joe"?
I see $ signs for the arms dealers and makers. They are the only 'winners', but then again karma will do its magic.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see $ signs for the arms dealers and makers. They are the only 'winners', but then again karma will do its magic.
Arms makers & dealers all make money.
But in USA, we see Christian & Jewish lawmakers
running roughshod over the few Muslims to
send bombs to Israel for their genocide of
Palestinians.
This is tribal religion driving this mayhem,
not the tired old Military Industrial Complex
conspiracy theory.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I see we have the usual contingent who thinks victims should never fight back but just let dictators do whatever they damn well feel like doing. A few decades ago that would have led to all of us speaking German except for my parents and I would would have been murdered.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I see we have the usual contingent who thinks victims should never fight back....
You think USA is the victim in the Middle East?
USA is responsible for more death & destruction
there than any other country, even Russia.
Just a few....
- 1953 Iranian coup.
- Iraq attack on Iran.
- Afghanistan war.
- Iraq war.
- Covert war on Iran.
- Israel genocide of Palestinians
....but just let dictators do whatever they damn well feel like doing.
Au contraire, little doggie....
- I favor ending support for genocide in Gaza by Israel.
- I favor supporting Ukraine against Russia's invasion.

But you....you defend Israel's 70+ years of oppression,
& now policy of genocide. Bad dog. Bad dog.
A few decades ago that would have led to all of us speaking German except for my parents and I would would have been murdered.
Had you lived in the 1930s, I wouldn't be surprised
that you'd be one of those who sympathized with
Nazi Germany's self defense.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
More details from PBS

There have been more than 160 attacks on U.S. troops across Iraq and Syria, including the one this weekend that killed three U.S. soldiers. But the targets tonight went further than any U.S. strike, that map right there where the attacks that these proxy groups have launched against U.S. troops in Iraq and Syria.

But what was significant about tonight's U.S. strikes is that the targets went beyond these proxy groups. The targets included the Quds Force. That is the part of Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps that sponsors these groups, that the U.S. says provides weapons, intelligence, and training to these groups.

And what's significant about that is, it's the first time in the last three months we have seen these attacks that the U.S. have attacked Iranians. These are Iranians, Iranian weapons, Iranian sites. Yes, they are connected to the proxy groups, but they are not the Iraqis and the Syrians who are actually pushing the button.

These are Iranians. And that is the first time that we have seen that. Also significant about these strikes, Amna, the U.S. flew B-1 bombers from the United States in order to attack Iraq and Syria, also something we have not seen.
And Iran's supreme leader reportedly urged the government to distance itself from its proxy groups, including another member of the umbrella group Harakat al-Nujaba, which vowed today to keep attacking U.S. troops.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
USA is in the Middle East, killing & enabling
the killing of tens of thousands of people.
Been doing it for many decades.
What!
They killed 3 of ours!
How dare they!
Who could've foreseen such treachery & cowardice!
Release the Kraken!