• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.S. Federal Taxes on Wages = Illegal

yuvgotmel

Do you know that there is NO law stating that any U.S. citizen has to pay Federal taxes on their regular wages? The laws pertaining to Federal taxes concern profit for big corporations.

Due to a discussion that was brought up in the chatroom on RF, I have compiled a list of videos and other links for your investigation.

Freedom to Fascism (the movie by producer Aaron Russo): http://jonhs.net/freemovies/america_freedom_to_fascism.htm

$1,000,000 in Commercial Property for anyone who can show this man the law that says he must pay Federal taxes: http://www.showedthelaw.com/

Tax Honesty Movement: http://www.originalintent.org/commentaries/insidethetaxmovement.pdf

Freedom of Information Act form available here: http://foia.fbi.gov/

Freedom to Fascism: http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
yuvgotmel said:

Do you know that there is NO law stating that any U.S. citizen has to pay Federal taxes on their regular wages? The laws pertaining to Federal taxes concern profit for big corporations.

Due to a discussion that was brought up in the chatroom on RF, I have compiled a list of videos and other links for your investigation.

Freedom to Fascism (the movie by producer Aaron Russo): http://jonhs.net/freemovies/america_freedom_to_fascism.htm

$1,000,000 in Commercial Property for anyone who can show this man the law that says he must pay Federal taxes: http://www.showedthelaw.com/

Tax Honesty Movement: http://www.originalintent.org/commentaries/insidethetaxmovement.pdf

Freedom of Information Act form available here: http://foia.fbi.gov/

Freedom to Fascism: http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

oh my.... :eek: :slap:

Before anyone gets themselves sent to jail for tax evasion, let me just say that you are definitely legally required to pay taxes on your regular wages. It is not illegal, it is not a trick, this information is garbage. and no, I am not going to give you a free lesson on federal income tax and how it works.

(and believe me, if there was a legal way around paying income taxes, I would be first in line).

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Seems to me that even though there is no law that states the Federal Government has to have to have a tax on wages, what is actually being overlooked here is the fact that there is nothing that says the Federal Government CANNOT tax wages.

The law says you have to pay taxes. Period.
Here are a few examples of people learning that fact the hard way:

The 15 greatest tax cheats of all-time

http://www.thephoenix.com/SlopCulture/default.aspx?month=2006-04
Al Capone –
The granddaddy of 'em all. Legend has it that the notorious gangster once remarked that tax laws were a joke because "the government can't collect legal taxes on illegal money." But the government could, and it was that law that enabled the FBI to pursue and arrest Capone when sufficient evidence could not be found to indict him for his years of illegal gambling, prostitution, murder, and bootlegging. (And Geraldo still found jack sh!t in his vault).

Willie Nelson
–
In 1990, Nelson was hit with a bill for $16.7 million in back taxes from the IRS. To help him pay it, the IRS confiscated and auctioned off his assets. Fortunately for Nelson, many of them were bought by fans and given back to him. He also made an album to support himself called The IRS Tapes. These days, he's featured in H&R Block Super Bowl ads (as well as a spokesperson for marijuana).

Richard Pryor
–
Pryor served 10 days in a Los Angeles county jail in 1974 for tax evasion. According to him, he told the judge he forgot. He also said what the judge's reply was, but we won't repeat that here.

Sophia Loren
–
Just so you don't think this is a strictly American phenomenon, Loren spent 18 days in an Italian jail for tax evasion. Yes, even really beautiful people have to pay their taxes.

Barry Bonds
–
Bonds has not been convicted, charged, or even arrested for anything yet. But if what the authors of Game of Shadows uncovered is true, Bonds could be in hot water for giving unreported money to his then-mistress Kimberly Bell. Some speculate that his tax problems - not his alleged steroid use - will be what eventually brings about his downfall.

Richard Hatch
–
When you're the first winner of a high-profile million-dollar reality show, it's usually a good idea to report that money to the IRS. Hatch never did. As of this writing, he has yet to be sentenced.

Darryl Strawberry
–
In 1995, another chapter was added to the sad tale of Darryl Strawberry's fall from grace when a court ordered him to pay $350,000 in back taxes and sentenced him to six months of home confinement. Things mostly got worse from there.

Martha Stewart
–
Stewart argued that she shouldn't have to pay New York state taxes in 2002. After all, she said, she barely spent any time in New York. Unfortunately, a judge busted her with her own material: a passage from one of her books that said she had a house in East Hampton. Stewart paid up.

Luciano Pavoratti
–
Pavoratti was twice accused of tax evasion: once in 1999 and again in 2001. The second time he was acquitted, but in '99, he did have to pay $11 million to the Italian government.

Mystikal
–
Mystikal failed to pay about $270,000 in taxes and was sentenced to a year in prison. But there was a silver lining in his story: he was allowed to serve it concurrently with the six-year sentence for sexual battery he was already serving.

Boris Becker
–
The tennis great avoided jail in '02 and received probation. He also paid 3 million Euros for back taxes owed to the German government. We have no idea what that would be in 2006 dollars, or in Deutsche marks.

Spiro Agnew
–
Richard Nixon's VP resigned in 1973 after pleading no contest to charges of tax evasion and money laundering. He was replaced by Gerald Ford. Things mostly got worse from there.

Don King
–
Only in America: King, who was convicted of manslaughter and pled the fifth amendment in front of the Senate when asked about his connection to John Gotti, was indicted on charges of tax evasion in 1991. A mistrial was declared, and King went on to fight another day.

Ronald Isley
–
The R&B legend was convicted of tax evasion this year, but his sentencing was postponed indefinitely. He's currently recovering from a stroke.

Steffi Graf
–
In 1995, Graf was accused by German authorities of tax evasion on her tennis winnings in the early part of her career. At the time, though, Steffi's father, Peter Graf, was in charge of her finances. The charges against Steffi were eventually dropped after she paid 1.3 million deutsche marks, and her father spent close to four years in prison.

Pensacola evangelist Kent Hovind was sentenced Friday afternoon to 10 years in prison on charges of tax fraud.

yuvgotmel

comprehend said:

Before anyone gets themselves sent to jail for tax evasion, let me just say that you are definitely legally required to pay taxes on your regular wages. It is not illegal, it is not a trick, this information is garbage. and no, I am not going to give you a free lesson on federal income tax and how it works.

(and believe me, if there was a legal way around paying income taxes, I would be first in line).

Comprehend, you're wrong.. You should take the time to read over the information and watch the videos. You can see for yourself. Before you go slamming me and accusing me that I don't know what I'm talking about, then you should at least learn what I'm speaking about. Do not accuse me of being a liar .. I don't like it. Thank you.

yuvgotmel

Mestemia said:
Seems to me that even though there is no law that states the Federal Government has to have to have a tax on wages, what is actually being overlooked here is the fact that there is nothing that says the Federal Government CANNOT tax wages.

The law says you have to pay taxes. Period.
Here are a few examples of people learning that fact the hard way...http://www.religionnewsblog.com/17231/dr-dino-sentenced-to-10-years-in-prison

Yes I know Mestemia... which is why there is a new movement to inform people and help people protect themselves for what the IRS really is.. which is nothing more than the government's version of the Mofia.

Again, I know that you can show cases where people were put into prison for tax evasion. That is why there is a new movement to inform a wide-spread audience.

I encourage you to watch the video and read the links. Thank you again.

Until persons are willing to review the material themselves, I will have to continue repeating myself over and over, which is to say: watch the videos, read the links. Thank you.

McBell

yuvgotmel said:
Yes I know Mestemia... which is why there is a new movement to inform people and help people protect themselves for what the IRS really is.. which is nothing more than the government's version of the Mofia.

Again, I know that you can show cases where people were put into prison for tax evasion. That is why there is a new movement to inform a wide-spread audience.

I encourage you to watch the video and read the links. Thank you again.

Until persons are willing to review the material themselves, I will have to continue repeating myself over and over, which is to say: watch the videos, read the links. Thank you.
I did.
And the fact of the matter is, there is no case.

nutshell

yuvgotmel said:
Comprehend, you're wrong.. You should take the time to read over the information and watch the videos. You can see for yourself. Before you go slamming me and accusing me that I don't know what I'm talking about, then you should at least learn what I'm speaking about. Do not accuse me of being a liar .. I don't like it. Thank you.

Actually, you're wrong. Why don't you start with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 of the Constitution then look up how it's been interpreted.

yuvgotmel

nutshell said:
Actually, you're wrong. Why don't you start with Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 of the Constitution then look up how it's been interpreted.

Why don't you watch Aaron Russo's film?

By the way, the film is over a hour long... so I'm uncertain how any of you could have watched it all the way through yet....

Thank you again....

nutshell

yuvgotmel said:
Why don't you watch Aaron Russo's film?

By the way, the film is over a hour long... so I'm uncertain how any of you could have watched it all the way through yet....

Thank you again....

We don't need to watch a film to know the Constitution and the subsequent legislative acts and court interprtations have held that income tax is legal.

yuvgotmel

nutshell said:
We don't need to watch a film to know the Constitution and the subsequent legislative acts and court interprtations have held that income tax is legal.

Wrong... and wrong again...

If you want to participate in this thread, then you should at least give me as the poster the benefit of the doubt that I might.. just maybe .. omg.. may even have a bit of knowledge that you don't have yet. And you should take the time to watch and read the information before making accusations against what I posted.. having not even reveiewed the information yet.

Again... for those of you who think that you can just make random statements against me .. basically calling me a liar ... well before I know that you could have watched the entire video.. being that it is well over a hour long.. then don't be surprised when I get very ticked off about it. I do not like being called a liar.

McBell

yuvgotmel said:

If you want to participate in this thread, then you should at least give me as the poster the benefit of the doubt that I might.. just maybe .. omg.. may even have a bit of knowledge that you don't have yet. And you should take the time to watch and read the information before making accusations against what I posted.. having not even reveiewed the information yet.

Again... for those of you who think that you can just make random statements against me .. basically calling me a liar ... well before I know that you could have watched the entire video.. being that it is well over a hour long.. then don't be surprised when I get very ticked off about it. I do not like being called a liar.
Really?
So why is it that you think this is the first time anyone of us has been introduced to this film?

Rather weak defense of your conspiracy theory thread if you ask me.

yuvgotmel

Mestemia said:
Really?
So why is it that you think this is the first time anyone of us has been introduced to this film?

Rather weak defense of your conspiracy theory thread if you ask me.

Excuse you... How old are you?

McBell

yuvgotmel said:
Excuse you... How old are you?
What does my age have to do with anything?
Your strawmen do not impress me, nor does this obvious attempt at diversion.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It is not illegal, it is not a trick, this information is garbage. and no, I am not going to give you a free lesson on federal income tax and how it works.
Actually, a friend of my uncle has not paid taxes in over 15 years. Fighting the IRS worked for him for awhile. Then he sliped up, and had to change his name and run. That's all the details of that story I know.

nutshell

yuvgotmel said:

Chill.

I don't have time to watch propaganda.

Maybe you should take the time to read the laws. I gave you specific information that would help you discover for yourself that it is legal. That's not calling you a liar - it's providing you an opportunity to know the truth of the matter.

Fluffy

A fool
Heya yuvgotmel,
I apologise but I do not have the time to go through the material you provided at the moment. However, I was wondering if you knew whether there are any arguments referenced in your sources that aren't included in the following list:

(1) the belief that the Sixteenth Amendment to the Constitution was improperly ratified and therefore never came into being;
(2) the belief that the Sixteenth Amendment is unconstitutional generally;
(3) the belief that the income tax violates the Takings Clause of the Fifth Amendment;
(4) the belief that the tax laws are unconstitutional;
(5) the belief that wages are not income and therefore are not subject to federal income tax laws;
(6) the belief that filing a tax return violates the privilege against self-incrimination; and
(7) the belief that Federal Reserve Notes do not constitute cash or income."

Compiled by wikipedia.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
yuvgotmel said:

I didn't accuse you of being a liar unless those are your personal websites. I think you, like a lot of other people get suckered into a convincing lie.

I have seen for myself thank you. I spent nearly 4 months studying federal income tax for a number of hours everyday in law school just last semester. I think I have a handle on it.

Comprehend

Res Ipsa Loquitur
Luke Wolf said:
Actually, a friend of my uncle has not paid taxes in over 15 years. Fighting the IRS worked for him for awhile. Then he sliped up, and had to change his name and run. That's all the details of that story I know.

A lot of people do that. Eventually, most of them get caught. They do not get away with it for so long because what they are doing is legal, they get away with it because of bureaucracy.

It is definitely illegal.

MaddLlama

Obstructor of justice
Ok, so if it's illegal for the government to collect taxes, why does it say this in the Constitution:

Section 8. The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
And, then it goes on to list ways the government can use the tax money it collects.

It pretty specifically says the government has the right to collect taxes. It doesn't say "income tax", but think about it.....if the government is going to collect taxes where else are they going to get it from but your income?

Not to mention the fact that Aaron Russo is a known conspiracy theorist (he runs such dubious "news" websites like Infowars and Prison Planet, based mostly on stuff he just makes up), which severely damages his credibility. To the point where just about anything he says is probably wrong.

I don't have 2 hours to watch the movie you posted, but if you watched them, do they say anything about Article 1, Section 8 of the Constitution? Or do they only focus on Article 16?

Radio Frequency X

World Leader Pretend
comprehend said:

Regular courts won't enforce that law, as it is unconstitutional, which is why tax-law violations are handled specifically by special Tax Courts run by the IRS itself. The IRS has its own legal authority to imprison and/or fine anyone that evades them.