• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.N. says Israel's "unlawful demolition" of Palestinian village leaves 41 kids homeless

danieldemol

Premium Member
'United Nations — Israeli forces sent demolition vehicles this week to bulldoze a Palestinian village, leaving some 70 civilians, including 41 children, homeless, the United Nations said. It was part of the largest forced displacement carried out by the Israeli government in years, according to the U.N.'s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)...

...Israel's military unit in the West Bank said the destroyed structures were "built illegally in a firing zone in the Jordan Valley."...

...Israel and the U.S. have accused the U.N. of bias in favor of the Palestinians'

Read more here: U.N. says Israel's "unlawful demolition" of Palestinian village leaves 41 kids homeless

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
'United Nations — Israeli forces sent demolition vehicles this week to bulldoze a Palestinian village, leaving some 70 civilians, including 41 children, homeless, the United Nations said. It was part of the largest forced displacement carried out by the Israeli government in years, according to the U.N.'s Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA)...

...Israel's military unit in the West Bank said the destroyed structures were "built illegally in a firing zone in the Jordan Valley."...

...Israel and the U.S. have accused the U.N. of bias in favor of the Palestinians'

Read more here: U.N. says Israel's "unlawful demolition" of Palestinian village leaves 41 kids homeless

I am not really surprised.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member

Not enough info, mainly because nobody trusts the UN after the things it has been involved in. Note they haven't shown a map or anything relevant such as where this was or if it was in fact built in a firing zone. Sounds political, and who made these people move into such a zone in the first place? They leave that out of the article don't they. I'm so tired of bull coming from that region that I don't believe any of it.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Not enough info, mainly because nobody trusts the UN after the things it has been involved in. Note they haven't shown a map or anything relevant such as where this was or if it was in fact built in a firing zone. Sounds political, and who made these people move into such a zone in the first place? They leave that out of the article don't they. I'm so tired of bull coming from that region that I don't believe any of it.
I don't think it is contested that they built in a firing zone, but the issues would possibly be according to my understanding - why is much useful land for Palestinians taken up by disused firing zones, and why are they evicting Palestinians, particularly vulnerable children - at the onset of winter, particularly since the firing zones are unused anyway according to my understanding?

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
I don't think it is contested that they built in a firing zone, but the issues would possibly be according to my understanding - why is much useful land for Palestinians taken up by disused firing zones, and why are they evicting Palestinians, particularly vulnerable children - at the onset of winter, particularly since the firing zones are unused anyway according to my understanding?
I cannot answer these questions, but often you can't trust people who request aid all the time. Also when it comes to reports about Gaza and West Bank we're not privy to clear answers, just war propaganda back and forth, and it appears to be a war that we fund on both sides. Who put those children in that zone and why? We'll won't know except for what the UN office for the coordination of human affairs decides to tell us, which in this case it doesn't. Maybe aid was why they were put there, to keep the aid coming. A journalist would track down why they were put there, and they would check to see if Israel was being honest about it being a weapons practice field; and a journalist would tell us who was lying, who was responsible, who knew about the operation and so forth. Instead the article says just "Israel did it" and "Children were kicked out before winter." I don't know if this is a farce or real. Its really that opaque, and information about this region really is that conflicted and misleading. Money also is that corrupting. Funding does not always heal. Sometimes it corrupts and ruins, and we are talking about hundreds of millions per year. I don't know what to think about it. I live on the opposite side of an ocean. Consider the following article about the UN tendency towards corruption:

The UN, Corruption and Scandals: How Did We Get Here?
"...Corruption seems to be a real problem throughout the United Nations. Cover-ups are being reported at all levels from an institution which seems hell-bent on not making itself accountable..."

They keep having scandals. We need to get rid of them and put somebody in there who we can trust.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
For anyone who may be interested, here's the verdict by the Israeli Supreme Court from last year, when two of the occupiers of the land petitioned the court (It's in Hebrew).

The verdict was decided based on the following points:

1. The area in question has been considered a firing zone since 1972.

2. Furthermore, no one disagrees with the fact that the petitioners have no rights to the land. In fact, what is spoken about here are trespassers to land which they use for shepherding purposes.

3. No one disagrees that the IDF from time to time uses these areas for training purposes and that during these training exercises the petitioners, like the rest of the area's settlers, are asked to evacuate the area, not just for security purposes, but also for their own personal safety.

4. Moreover, the building in the area is not regulated and illegal.

Tambourine

Also, criticism of Israel is inherently antisemitic.

Brickjectivity

Staff member
Premium Member
Also, criticism of Israel is inherently antisemitic.
I criticize it, but I just don't believe this organization which directly benefits from making the situation look worse. The worse the situation seems the more money it gets, and its a UN office, too. It just doesn't spell honesty.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
For anyone who may be interested, here's the verdict by the Israeli Supreme Court from last year, when two of the occupiers of the land petitioned the court (It's in Hebrew).

The verdict was decided based on the following points:

1. The area in question has been considered a firing zone since 1972.

2. Furthermore, no one disagrees with the fact that the petitioners have no rights to the land. In fact, what is spoken about here are trespassers to land which they use for shepherding purposes.

3. No one disagrees that the IDF from time to time uses these areas for training purposes and that during these training exercises the petitioners, like the rest of the area's settlers, are asked to evacuate the area, not just for security purposes, but also for their own personal safety.

4. Moreover, the building in the area is not regulated and illegal.

The same thing can happen in Australia.

I have worked in Town Planning and seen the demolition of illegal built structures.

In saying that, it is time we see we are all part of One Human race and that the Earth is but One Country.

Regards Tony

Tambourine

I criticize it, but I just don't believe this organization which directly benefits from making the situation look worse. The worse the situation seems the more money it gets, and its a UN office, too. It just doesn't spell honesty.
Yea, the UN has discredited itself ever since they partitioned British Palestine.