• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

U.N. Official: Evidence Myanmar Using Live Ammunition Against Protesters

danieldemol

Premium Member
'Amid "growing reports and photographic evidence" that live ammunition is being used against anti-junta protesters in Myanmar, a United Nations human rights investigator is calling on the Security Council to consider sanctions against the country's coup leaders.

Thomas Andrews' remarks at a special session of the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva come a day after the U.S. imposed its own sanctions on the generals who overthrew the government of Aung San Suu Kyi on Feb. 1.'

Read more here: U.N. Official: Evidence Myanmar Using Live Ammunition Against Protesters

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
'Amid "growing reports and photographic evidence" that live ammunition is being used against anti-junta protesters in Myanmar, a United Nations human rights investigator is calling on the Security Council to consider sanctions against the country's coup leaders.

Thomas Andrews' remarks at a special session of the U.N. Human Rights Council in Geneva come a day after the U.S. imposed its own sanctions on the generals who overthrew the government of Aung San Suu Kyi on Feb. 1.'

Read more here: U.N. Official: Evidence Myanmar Using Live Ammunition Against Protesters
I appreciate one's human friendly stance and informing us about such events regularly. Right friend, please?

Regards

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member

Hi Daniel. As you probably know my dear wife is from Myanmar and currently has family there. The past 2 weeks have been shocking and very depressing. There is no justice in the world because of so much disunity between nations. So things like humanitarian intervention can never happen now.

We wish the world was more mature and used collective security in such matters.

We heard they are turning off the internet on Sunday we think to ‘deal more ruthlessly with protestors’ without the eyes of the world on them. We saw videos of acid laced drinking water bottles being distributed to the protesters but were destroyed once discovered.

There is currently a civil disobedience movement in the entire country where people have just stopped working. Doctors, nurses have left hospitals treating people for free privately, trains have stopped, newspapers not printing, custom offices closed. Banks and post offices will likely be next. They are so courageous.

I don’t believe in evil but this is extremely close. My heart bleeds for the unarmed, defenceless people. If only the world saw itself as one human family could it permit these atrocities? But our world is divided into ‘us and thems’ so the oppressors have full freedom to do as they please.

Where are the nations who believe in justice? The Burmese don’t need a piece of paper condemning the atrocities, they need real help.

This is why we desperately need humanity to be united, so the oppressor can no longer practise his trade of pure and utter cruelty.

Some criminals were released from prison, about 23,000. They were told to strike fear into protesters and have already burnt down some houses. Where is justice? Who will help them against such tyrants!

At this moment what is the USA doing? Instead of seeking justice against the tyrant they are infighting amongst themselves.

There is one bright dazzling light amidst all this. A lone woman - Jacinda Ardern.

I have the utmost and greatest praise for the NZ Prime Minister. She is a true lady and the woman was the first in the world to put the men to shame and act against these thugs and killers. She is a real human being and if we only had a few more like her, then I truly believe the world would be a much more just place.

danieldemol

Premium Member
At this moment what is the USA doing? Instead of seeking justice against the tyrant they are infighting amongst themselves.
Actually the US has sanctioned the Myanmar military.

If you are calling for the US to invade Myanmar to restore order i suppose it in theory is not impossible if the political will existed for it, however the collateral damage to Myanmar 's population would be heavy, so if the general population wants such a costly surgery undertaken to remove the military then they would have to want them out pretty badly i'd imagine.