• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tying the Knot - a documentary

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
We showed this movie after church on Sunday.

Director Jim de Sève's no-frills documentary takes a concerted look at the heated and ongoing debate about same-sex marriage in the United States. Focusing on two gay couples who've become entangled in laws forbidding homosexual wedlock, the film puts a human face on the issue. Included are interviews chronicling marriage's evolution through the centuries and a discussion by proponents, who debunk the arguments against gay unions.

Anyone else seen it? What did you think about it?

None of it was new to me, and was a little depressing and sad, but that's the reality for many same sex couples who want to get married and can't and those who have lost their loved one and then have everything taken away from them after their partner's death because their legal contracts weren't enough to give them the protections that legal marriage would have.

I highly remcommend the movie for those who don't understand why same sex couples want equal legal rights. This movie makes it very clear.

standing_alone

I haven't seen it, but thanks for making me aware of this documentary. I will have to try to get a hold of a copy. I was wondering by chance if you have satellite TV and/or get the channel Free Speech TV? Often there are programs about LGBT issues on there that are interesting. Mostly dealing with marriage, but one I seen recently was about programs in elementary schools educating students about the homosexual community (just what homosexualty is, the discrimination faced, hate crimes, history, etc. - not about homosexual sex or anything like that). It was a very good program, very interesting. Another program on FSTV is called GAY USA and it's a gay issues news program. But this is all off topic. Sorry. But yeah, hopefully I'll get to check that documentary out.