• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

two types of "following"

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
There are two types of "following" - two ways of following someone

I have a message and I want to be heard

But I don't want any followers:

As in I don't want other people to adopt my beliefs and then have me as their leader

I don't want that

But I do want people to follow what I have to say, or at least hear me out

I therefore want "followers" in the social media sense of the word, not in the religious sense

And this is probably just as well as I doubt anyone would actually want to follow me in the religious sense of the word :D

Nimos

Shouldn't be an issue :)

Neil deGrasse Tyson was born and raised in New York City where he was educated in the public schools clear through his graduation from the Bronx High School of Science. Tyson went on to earn his BA in Physics from Harvard and his PhD in Astrophysics from Columbia.

With this in mind, to test the methodology proposed in this article I have chosen to use the Twitter account of the popular science communicator Neil de Grasse Tyson, who has gathered a very large number of followers (more than 13 million in 2019)

Im pretty sure he doesn't see himself as the leader of these people :)

However there is a difference between what you want to tell people and what he does, right? :D

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Shouldn't be an issue :)

Neil deGrasse Tyson was born and raised in New York City where he was educated in the public schools clear through his graduation from the Bronx High School of Science. Tyson went on to earn his BA in Physics from Harvard and his PhD in Astrophysics from Columbia.

With this in mind, to test the methodology proposed in this article I have chosen to use the Twitter account of the popular science communicator Neil de Grasse Tyson, who has gathered a very large number of followers (more than 13 million in 2019)

Im pretty sure he doesn't see himself as the leader of these people :)

However there is a difference between what you want to tell people and what he does, right? :D

lol, he knows!

Nimos

lol, he knows!
Im pretty sure he does not support the simulation idea, beyond what he is saying in this clip :)

Still it does not solve the infinite energy requirement that potentially would be there as I see it. Unless the original creators terminate simulations on a regular basis :D

But again, what would it matter, we can't know the difference anyway, if it was a simulation or not. Its sort of like this idea of keep asking "How do we really know something?" and the fact is that we don't, if we can't tell the difference. And a person would be able to constantly use the argument that "the simulation is working that way", so no matter what objection you could have towards it, you could always use that as the answer, making the whole idea pointless.