• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trying to Figure out Daniel's(chp9) "Until Messiah comes"

TACRN01

Hi this is my first post.

I have heard many times about daniels 70 weeks predicting the comming of Christ and His death. I can't find anywhere how to calculate this. I have a commentary but it does not show it. No radio sermon ever goes into step by step detail.

Basically I want to be shown is how to figure out the starting date: "from...the command to restore and build Jerusalem (is this in nehamiah? What is a secular date? Where can I find it, history textbooks?)
Until Messiah: How to calculate from that date the seventy weeks and convert it into the secular calendar.
If I could learn this I think it would be an amazing witnessing piece of knowledge.

Does anyone know any website, books, online radio sermons or another posting on this site that will take me through step by step?

Thank you for your time.

Shia Islam

Quran and Ahlul-Bayt a.s.
Premium Member
This is also related to Shia...Jesus and Mahdi Return are related in our belief

TACRN01

Does the Koran give a measurable timetable for the Mahdi's Return?

Wait a second (Mahdi's Return?). The Mahdi has come once already? Forgive me but I don't know much about islam yet. If The Mahdi came already, when? Please give me some sources of this information. If The Mahdi hasn't yet I guess I should say the Mahdi's comming/arrival.

Just_me_Mike

Hi this is my first post.

I have heard many times about daniels 70 weeks predicting the comming of Christ and His death. I can't find anywhere how to calculate this. I have a commentary but it does not show it. No radio sermon ever goes into step by step detail.

Basically I want to be shown is how to figure out the starting date: "from...the command to restore and build Jerusalem (is this in nehamiah? What is a secular date? Where can I find it, history textbooks?)
Until Messiah: How to calculate from that date the seventy weeks and convert it into the secular calendar.
If I could learn this I think it would be an amazing witnessing piece of knowledge.

Does anyone know any website, books, online radio sermons or another posting on this site that will take me through step by step?

Thank you for your time.

this has been the best one I have ever read. It flies in the face of what many popular people say about it, but it sticks to the bible the best.

70 Weeks of Daniel Nine

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Imam Mahdi is the twelveth Imam for Shia Muslims...
The brutal rulers in his time tried to Kill him..and as Allah in his Quran:

"Lo! We verily do help Our messengers, and those who believe, in the life of the world and on the day when the witnesses arise, "

and Allah also said:
"And verily we have written in the Scripture, after the Reminder: My righteous slaves will inherit the earth"

So by God's miracle Imam Mahdi disappeared and as with Jesus ..Shia waiting for his return...

Prophet Mohammed and his successors Imams didn't mention a time for his return...they only mentioned sighns (events)...

Shia believe that Mahdi return is near...

TACRN01

"Lo! We verily do help Our messengers, and those who believe, in the life of the world and on the day when the witnesses arise, "

and Allah also said:
"And verily we have written in the Scripture, after the Reminder: My righteous slaves will inherit the earth"

In these verses, who is speaking? Allah or Mohammed? The second verse you state "Allah also said:". I'm confused.:confused: because the speaker is saying "we". I know Islam doesn't believe in the Trinity. Please explain. Thanks Shia.

TACRN01

Shia, what is that former baptist reading on your youtube page? Is that the Koran or is that something he wrote?

Shia Islam

Premium Member
In both of the verses it's God who speaks...In Quran it's usual for God to refer to himself using "we"...

--
in the youtube that former baptist read a poem about Imam Hussain. I am not sure if he he written it himself or not...

Shia used to commemorate the Martyrdom of Imam Hussian. He is the third Shia Imam, killed with his family by the people who stolen power after the prophet death. Imam Hussain is the son of Lady Fatima the daughter of the prophet.

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Why is that?

In Arabic language "We" is used not only for plural, but also to reflect greatness , greats use "we" even if they are talking about themselves...
in Arabic language this is applicable even to human...a president will use "we" even if he is talking about his only self...to show greatness.

In Islam God is one and only one, Allah said in Quran:

"1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him.
"

Last edited:

Shia Islam

Premium Member
In Shia Islam, jesus will return after Mahdi ...it's a short time between them.

This is a very important part of Shia belief... especially that Shia suffered alot in history..
and this return represent the hope for Shia..

many many books were authored in this subject ..
if you are interested, try to make some search here:
Al-Islam.org by the Ahlul Bayt DILP - Home

Shia Islam

Premium Member
What is the purpose of the return of the Mahdi?

The purpose behind the Mahdi return is in the essence the same purpose for sending prophets.

The idea behind religion and the existence of God necessitates that God should send prophets, as without letting humans know what God want (and he wants what he wants for the human benefits), it won’t be justified for him to account humans for what they’ve done.

History and all main religion tell the same story …previous prophets missions were blocked by humans. Quran describe this fact as follows:

“And verily We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the Holy spirit. Is it ever so, that, when there cometh unto you a messenger (from Allah) with that which ye yourselves desire not, ye grow arrogant, and some ye disbelieve and some ye slay?” 5(70)

Imam Sadiq (one of the 12 Shia imams) describe the reason for God to hide the last Imam (imam Mahdi) by saying that human minds have not been completed yet. This narration is related to what scholars who studied the case of Imam Mahdi have used to emphasise on, which is that after all of these centuries in which God has sent no prophet or successors of a prophet associated with God, human have suffered a lot and have realised that, it’s god alone who can make the needed change..and he used to do it through his vicegerents.

TACRN01

and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the Holy spirit.

Interesting, what is islams theology of the Holy-spirit. What does the Holy-spirit mean to muslims? How often is it spoken of in the koran?

FFH

Veteran Member
I have a link that shows how to determine the final week (seven year period) of Daniel, but I'll have to look for it, it was in my old computer and I threw it out, without saving the link.

Anyway, I'll find it later, but it points to 2006 as the beginning of the final week (seven year period) of Daniel (the final 7 year tribulation period).

WE ARE IN IT RIGHT NOW and NEARLY HALF WAY THROUGH IT !!!!!

2006 to 2013 (I believe is the final 7 year tribulation period.

Will this planet cease to exist after 2013. I don't know, but there are no Bible codes after 2013.

Whatever happens, it will all be in the LORD's timing.

Last edited:

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Interesting, what is islams theology of the Holy-spirit. What does the Holy-spirit mean to muslims? How often is it spoken of in the koran?

In Shia Islam Holly Spirit is a sacred creature created by God. It’s higher than Angels.

In at least three verses of the Holy quran God mentioned that he supported Jesus by the holly spirit. An example of this is the following:

“And verily We gave unto Moses the Scripture and We caused a train of messengers to follow after him, and We gave unto Jesus, son of Mary, clear proofs (of Allah's sovereignty), and We supported him with the Holy spirit…” 2(87).

Shia Muslim also believe that Prophet Muhammad was supported by the holy spirit even since he was a child. This is inline with their emphasis on the infallibility of the prophets and the imams.

One of the Shia 12 Imams was asked about the Holy Spirit, where he said that the holy spirit did not leave earth since he came down. He added that the Holy Spirit is with the Imams.

So according to this, holy spirit must be with Imam Mahdi.

All of this doesn’t mean that only the Imams and the prophets are supported by God. In Quran it’s mentioned that Angels play big role in this life. One of the imams mentioned that God didn’t create any creatures greater in number than the angels.

Shia Islam

Premium Member

Just to add that, the phrase 'Holy-spirit' may also be used to refere to Gabriel as in this one:

"Say: The holy Spirit hath delivered it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe, and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah)." Quran 16(103).

Thanks again for this nice question

Shia Islam

Premium Member
Shia, what is that former baptist reading on your youtube page? Is that the Koran or is that something he wrote?

Sorry I said before that it was only a poem.
Indeed He started with reading a small verse:
"In their history verily there is a lesson for men of understanding." Quran 12(111).

Then He started reading the Poem.

I'd like to share a comment that has been added yesterday about the poem:

"Faviola59 (1 day ago)

Indeed a beautiful poem.
A person striving toward ahlul bayt is a human striving towards goodness, justice and love, loving his fellow man. Its a true blessing to be able to utter the words; follower of the ahlul bayt. Certainly its followers are the most beautiful from all of mankind. Peace to you all."