• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trump Terrorism post election

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
(To the best of my knowledge)Hitler, bin Laden, and Bush never personally killed anyone outside of a military battle. What they all did was inspire other people to do that.

I am seeing Trump do that now. Even Pence was taken aback by a threat from an attendee of a rally. But Trump does this frequently.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...H8VdeK9UdsM/story.html?event=event25#comments

Even the top Republicans, like Ryan and the Kochs and Priebus consider him dangerous.
But his followers are the violent threat. While I am sure that 99% would never do anything terrorist, and 99% of the rest would get caught first or wienie out, that still leaves a great number of them.
Given the current polling, he is likely to lose by a big margin and take down a lot of other Republicans with him.

I didn't used to see him as a danger to the country. But I am starting to.
Tom

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well in light Obama wants to start a war with Russia before he leaves office, kind of puts who's dangerous or not up for grabs.

Laika

Premium Member
(To the best of my knowledge)Hitler, bin Laden, and Bush never personally killed anyone outside of a military battle. What they all did was inspire other people to do that.

I am seeing Trump do that now. Even Pence was taken aback by a threat from an attendee of a rally. But Trump does this frequently.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...H8VdeK9UdsM/story.html?event=event25#comments

Even the top Republicans, like Ryan and the Kochs and Priebus consider him dangerous.
But his followers are the violent threat. While I am sure that 99% would never do anything terrorist, and 99% of the rest would get caught first or wienie out, that still leaves a great number of them.
Given the current polling, he is likely to lose by a big margin and take down a lot of other Republicans with him.

Tom

Its going to be a sad day if the motive behind a major terrorist attack in the US is that American democracy is discredited by a conspiracy theory. Perhaps it has already happened before but maybe in not such a direct way with an election this bitter and a candidate openly inciting the crowds.

Given the amount of stuff that goes on and the way the power of the people is dilluted in so many ways, you'd hope voters would have realised their country deserves and can do better based on information that is already avaliable and genuine. Actually, I cant think of a more bitter outcome really because it would mean people gave up an ideal of what their country could be for a lie and killed their own people because they were afriad for nothing but what lurks in the shadows. All terrorism is futile but that would be truly so as the motivation wouldn't even have some basis in fact.

It will also burn deeply into the American psyche because it is a way of saying "its not over" and that the monster was not slain in the election but is only dormant till the "next time". Trump's constitency will still be around, so if he points at the Reichstag and says he sees smoke because he lost, his followers will believe their is a fire. Its the only way he can make himself matter if he loses- by burning the whole place down with him because of his ego.

Given everything, Trump is more than capable of it because he'd rather incite someone else to take the fall in order to valididate the belief that his defeat mattered enough to kill for. He's already made the "second amendment" line before so I guess his ego could really do that. He walks away whilst someone else gets killed or goes to jail.

It hasnt happened but I do feel like qualifying it with "yet". What a mess.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Well in light Obama wants to start a war with Russia before he leaves office, kind of puts who's dangerous or not up for grabs.
You don't see the difference between a president pursuing a foreign policy you hate(I hate it myself) and a candidate for office inciting terrorism?
Tom

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
We can hope that the evil of the Kansas terrorists and the harsh treatment they get from the justice system has a chilling effect on the Trump terrorist types.
I hope it doesn't just get lost in the election maelstroms.
Tom

Twilight Hue

You don't see the difference between a president pursuing a foreign policy you hate(I hate it myself) and a candidate for office inciting terrorism?
Tom

Trump calls things as he see it himself, and it's not very hard to see what's going on with leftist policies which progressively had legislated erosions of quality of life for millions of people and successfully diminished personal freedoms over the last few decades of which had literally decimated the prosperity this country to where it is now . A service sector, over-regulated, indifference toward the majority, self serving, entitled, politically correct, socially intrusive, and obsessed dystopia touting equality and equanimity.

If going hard line after people who disregards the constitution and ignores the law as inciting terrorism , I guess things are worse than I thought.

vaguelyhumanoid

All Trump supporters ever seem to offer is tu quoque arguments. An argument against Obama or against Hillary isn't for Trump at all. I don't like any of them, but Trump is definitely the worst of the three.

Kapalika

Premium Member
Trump calls things as he see it himself, and it's not very hard to see what's going on with leftist policies which progressively had legislated erosions of quality of life for millions of people and successfully diminished personal freedoms over the last few decades of which had literally decimated the prosperity this country to where it is now . A service sector, over-regulated, indifference toward the majority, self serving, entitled, politically correct, socially intrusive, and obsessed dystopia touting equality and equanimity.

If going hard line after people who disregards the constitution and ignores the law as inciting terrorism , I guess things are worse than I thought.

I don't know what world you live in but this isn't the reality I see outside of my house.

Twilight Hue

I don't know what world you live in but this isn't the reality I see outside of my house.
Live in New York or California for awhile assuming you don't already. It's like being in a gated community here run by people who think they know how to run your life and spend your money much better than you can.

Lighthouse

It is pretty bad when the common folks start calling other common folk terrorists, violent threats, and dangerous, all because they are tired of their freedoms gradually dwindling, tired of the unjust, tired of a media that has become nearly all propaganda and biased in almost any issue, and are alive and passionate about it.
Not to say some of these people can be a bit overly zealous, but it's to the point where almost all supporters are pretty much viewed this way.
Trying to shift the battle against our own people is quite sad. To the overzealous, they are overzealous towards government and media, the ones in power and not so much against their own common folk.

Lighthouse

Tom

I do agree that it is an inspiration for anger, and that some have become overzealous.

The damage is done, and I think the ones in power do not care what they do more so than caring about their own image/reputation, position of power, and self interests. It is a threat to their interests more so than a threat to the public, a nice spin they are using though on to focus the attention on the common people.