• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Trump aides staged a Twitter 'intervention': report"

Jeremiahcp

Well-Known Jerk
President Trump’s advisers reportedly held an intervention to tame his use of Twitter.

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that aides called for an “intervention” to urge the president to use restraint on the social media platform, specifically pointing to some of his more incendiary claims posted there.

Aides told Trump that his unfiltered tweets could “paint him into a corner,” politically and legally, according to the report.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/334364-trump-aides-staged-a-twitter-intervention

He is like a little child.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
I kinda wish they hadn't advised him to loosen the proverbial rope he could hang his presidency with. Then again, the advice may well be for the better of the country overall.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Well, let's see if he can take well-meaning and good advice. No president will know everything or do it all perfectly (and Trump seems to need more help than most), but how they accept and utilize advice says a lot about their ability and temperment too.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
Trump worships at the altar of his own cult of personality. I've seen no indication that he has anything to learn from anybody else.

Wirey

Fartist
Yes, Trump has shown himself to be easily swayed by an intelligent argument so far. I'm sure this will work.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Yes, Trump has shown himself to be easily swayed by an intelligent argument so far. I'm sure this will work.
Actually, he has shown himself to be pretty open to being convinced. He's changed his stance on NATO and on labeling China a currency manipulator, after discussions with people. Maybe he's just an opportunist, maybe he believes the last thing he hears, or maybe (please god) he is just open to seeing the light.

Underhill

Actually, he has shown himself to be pretty open to being convinced. He's changed his stance on NATO and on labeling China a currency manipulator, after discussions with people. Maybe he's just an opportunist, maybe he believes the last thing he hears, or maybe (please god) he is just open to seeing the light.

Well yeah, when people start pointing out that the collapse of our economic system is a potential outcome even the nuts tend to stop and think...