• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Trinitarians will win anyway?

Watchmen

Premium Member
There's an interesting article to read here, about how the parts of the Bible that obliquely reference a doctrine of the Trinity were almost certainly added later. Fabrications and forgeries, made once a particular Christian faction had won the debate in the first few centuries, before the effort was undertaken to mass produce the earliest Bibles in scriptoriums.

1 John 5:7 And Matthew 28:19 – Fabricated Trinity Verses

Uh oh. According to this analysis, which many biblical scholars endorse, anyone who isn't a unitarian is likely worshipping false gods before Yaweh and is damned to eternal torment. Oops?

Or maybe only the Mormons got it right. Or the Episcopalians. Or the Greek Orthodox church. Either way, god gets to infinitely torture virtually every sentient being in his creation, all according to his mysterious perfectly good plan...
Not all Christians believe in infinite torture. Some believe being “cast into the fire” simply means ceasing to exist at all.

AlexanderG

Not all Christians believe in infinite torture. Some believe being “cast into the fire” simply means ceasing to exist at all.

Ok, would you at least agree that the Bible is unambiguous about the fact that Yaweh wants no worship of other gods? And so within that model there is no grace, salvation, heavenly reward, etc, if you violate the very first of the 10 commandments? A violation which all trinitarians may be doing? What would Pascal say about this sort of wager? :D

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
I believe that the Trinitarians will win even if the Trinity were not true. The Trinity is of course true, but assuming only that it is wrong, I would say that Trinitarians will still go to paradise. For what does the Father want to say? Does he really want to say to a Trinitarian at the end, "Wait, you believed that my only begotten Son and my Spirit are God as I am? You wicked man! To hell with you!" Never would he say that. He would love it if someone honored his beloved son and spirit like that. But what about Unitarians? If the Trinity is true, then it is a very serious sin not to believe in it, because you would be denying God His deity. Jesus himself said, "If you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins"
If trinitarianism is false, then it is idolatry to worship Jesus. And you think that idolaters go to heaven? I'm not expressing my own opinion here, just asking you yours.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
I believe that the Trinitarians will win even if the Trinity were not true. The Trinity is of course true, but assuming only that it is wrong, I would say that Trinitarians will still go to paradise. For what does the Father want to say? Does he really want to say to a Trinitarian at the end, "Wait, you believed that my only begotten Son and my Spirit are God as I am? You wicked man! To hell with you!" Never would he say that. He would love it if someone honored his beloved son and spirit like that. But what about Unitarians? If the Trinity is true, then it is a very serious sin not to believe in it, because you would be denying God His deity. Jesus himself said, "If you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins"
But Jesus was not a Trinitarian, please. Right?
Trinity is the invention of Paul and the Church. Right?

Regards

Muffled

Jesus in me
I believe the danger is not denying God in itself. The danger is ignoring the Gospel because it was just a man speaking it. Without the Gospel a person can't be saved from the wrath to come.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Will win? Is there still a competition about that in this century?

By the way, who won the fight about the sex of the angels? The news won't say.

Ciao

- viole

I do believe the Apostle Paul said we strive for the prize like a man running a race but I forget what he said the prize was.

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
I do believe the Apostle Paul said we strive for the prize like a man running a race but I forget what he said the prize was.
I thought that having a written record of that, like Scriptures and stuff, would make it irrelevant what you forgot.

Ciao

- viole