• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tribute to Mequa

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
A friend here has told me that Mequa passed away on July 3 due to heart surgery complications.

I didn't talk to Mequa much when he was here, and we didn't see eye to eye on most issues, but this news has affected me a lot. It feels so sad and bone-chilling to go through his profile now. He was a member of this community and should be mourned as such on RF.

Rest in peace, Mequa. May your family and friends find solace.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
A friend here has told me that Mequa passed away on July 3 due to heart surgery complications.

I didn't talk to Mequa much when he was here, and we didn't see eye to eye on most issues, but this news has affected me a lot. It feels so sad and bone-chilling to go through his profile now. He was a member of this community and should be mourned as such on RF.

Rest in peace, Mequa. May your family and friends find solace.
ohhh wow. that explained his absence. i hung out with him in chat often and fisho and i interviewed him on radio rf. mequa was a smart and friendly member. he will be missed

for those interested in hearing his voice http://www.blogtalkradio.com/radiorf/2015/05/25/philosophy-profile-neo-epicurianism
rip

MysticSang'ha

Big Squishy Hugger
Premium Member
We saw so differently here on the forums and in chat, but connected personally quite well through PM. He was bright and his heart was huge.

May he rest in peace. Love you, Mequa. <3

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
Mequa and I talked often about Left-Hand Path philosophy, and I showed him that not all LHPathers are *** holes. I considered him a Brother, and I will always see him as a Brother. He will live on in my memories and in my heart. Hail, Mequa! :smileycat:

Last edited:

Deidre

I was told of this news on an atheist forum, by a guy who was a face book friend with Mequa. He told me a few weeks ago, and Mequa passed away on July 3rd. I was close at one time to Mequa, we had a lot of good conversations, and then we started having differences, and stopped talking. I regret that, and his passing has opened my eyes to how fragile life is, and how we have to take the time to appreciate people in our lives, even online. And to not get upset over dumb things but try to settle matters amicably. I can't believe it, still. RIP Mequa. :heart:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
RIP, dude!
th

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Does anyone have confirmation on this? All his sites are alive... :/ Before "the break" he was talking about leaving RF for awhile... Just taking a personal vacation...

Anyone have confirmation? Who is this 'friend' who told OP about this?

E-faking his own death would be in total accordance with his MO. I say this as someone who has 'known'(in the sense that you can know a stranger you have never actually met) him since early 2008.

Deidre

Anyone have confirmation? Who is this 'friend' who told OP about this?

E-faking his own death would be in total accordance with his MO. I say this as someone who has 'known'(in the sense that you can know a stranger you have never actually met) him since early 2008.

Someone whom we both knew from an atheist site, who was his facebook friend told me back in August, that Mequa passed away on July 3rd. He told me to look at his FB page, I wasn't on his FB, and Mequa's mother made it a memorial page. You can't see past that unless you were once on his friends list. He had told me his brother's name, and I looked up his page, and in the open, he made a status update back in July about Mequa's death. Many people commented, offered prayers, etc. Unless his entire family is in on it, it would appear to be true. From the little the guy who was his FB friend knew, it was due to complications over the heart surgery, it was supposed to be a surgery to change out a pacemaker.