• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tree Fern

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I was impressed to find some ferns having taken root and started growing out of some Maple trees. These are Licorice Ferns.

IMG20231031100845.jpg

IMG20231031100905.jpg

They can grow on mossy stumps, and tree trunks, and they love moisture.

Last edited:

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
Ah, yes, the deciduous rain forests. Pacific Northwest, mostly - up and down the West Coast in high moisture areas and have weird big leaf maples that look more like tropical plants and insanely dense and thick bryophytes? Got to see that ecosystem once, before I was really into botany, but it left impressions. Epiphytes are cool.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Ah, yes, the deciduous rain forests. Pacific Northwest, mostly - up and down the West Coast in high moisture areas and have weird big leaf maples that look more like tropical plants and insanely dense and thick bryophytes? Got to see that ecosystem once, before I was really into botany, but it left impressions. Epiphytes are cool.

Ha, yes the Big "hat/emergency umbrella" Leaf Maples.

Huge-Bigleaf-Maple-Leaf~2.jpg

It's such a lovely ecosystem up here in the PNW.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Plants growing on plants!

I did not know that was possible, thanks for sharing

Although come to think of it I did know that vines can grow on trees

Because Tarzan swings on them to travel through the jungle

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
insanely dense and thick bryophytes? Got to see that ecosystem once, before I was really into botany, but it left impressions. Epiphytes are cool.

Learned a few new terms, thanks for this post. I love mosses myself (bryophyta), mild fascination. Nurse logs are great epiphyte ecosystems here.