• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Transgender and mental health

VioletVortex

I see transgenderism as a mental issue. It's sort of self loathing. However, I don't take issue with someone modifying themselves, I think they should have the right to do that if they feel like it.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Very interesting. I wish our culture could just understand mental issues as they do physical one's. I don't deserve to be shunned for depression any more than a sore back, same with transgender individuals.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
This pretty much sums it up:
"What I would love for people to understand is that we are really just starting to get a small understanding of trans youth," she added. "What's exciting is that the data is helping to validate what we know as clinicians, which is that people who are validated and supported in their selfhood are happier, have less mental health challenges and are more successful. We need to stop making people be who we think they should be and start letting them be who they are."