• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Traditions

Unedited

Out of pure curiosity on my own part: Do you associate yourself with a tradition within Wicca?

Fluffy

A fool
Nope. Not because I don't want to but simply because I have not become interested in any particular denomination. Dianic Wicca is interesting but not in a way which would make me want to associate myself with it.

Draka

Wonder Woman
I'm basically an ecclectic solitary with Celtic leanings. So I guess you could say Celtic Ecclectic Wicca.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
capthowdy said:
Wouldn't all wicca be considered Gardnerarian?(sp).....just a thought...
A good question, though I believe there are many different branches.

I kind of wish I could pin myself down to one tradition. It would be so much simpler to be able to say "I'm a Green Witch" or "Dianic". I'd say Celtic Feminist, but I love so many goddesses and gods from other traditions, and many of my beliefs coincide with First Nation religions. Hmm... I don't know.

capthowdy

Astarot
I know there are many branches, but doesn't it all stem from from one origin? Celtic feminist, what does that entail...I'm not familiar with that one..

capthowdy

Astarot
right on......i used to study wicca and never heard of that particular description before.....thank you for elaborating

turk179

I smell something....
I am without a doubt ecclectic. I used to follow a more Celtic path but I seem to be moving away from that to embrace true ecclecticism.