• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

traditional western fairytales

Hey, does anyone want to talk about classic fairytales, like Grimm's fairytales? Not the modern made-over Disney versions, but the original European fairytales. Some of them relate to Christianity, but I've heard the Grimms brothers were devout Christians and they covered over some of the pagan elements of the original folk tales and Christianized a lot of the stories, added morals to them. The orignal Grimm verisons of the fairytales can be quite gruesome and bloody, with harsh medieval punishments. I like Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tales, he wrote them himself. I write stories, don't know if they could b e considered modern day fairytales, but I write fantasy. I'm writing a novel or series of novels based on fairytales. My first story is based on Snow White and Rose Red.