• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Torah Geometry for Hanukkah night 7

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
For my next trick,

Please refer to Meru Foundation Research: Front-Back / Base-3 Symmetry Groups: 1.

This is a way to classify the letters. I don’t understand it too well, but Stan Tenen explains it on his website.

Every two legs, it cuts through the middle like a radioactive sign. However, you could look at the letter arrangement around in a circle.

That’s why I want you to look at

Meru Foundation Research: About Meru.

(You can use this template with the 2nd and 3rd verse as well.)

We can look at each set of 5 letters in order around the circle.

The first letter matches the beit and the last letter is blank so it matches the final tzaddik.

The letters according to their color are

Beit, GYRYB, _Y_GY, RYRBY, B_RYG, YGRYR, YBR_R, and final tzaddik.

Here is how they match:

dodecahedron.png

As you see 5 of 6 go in the same direction and there is only one intersection that doesn’t match up.

This makes a dodecahedron. The connections go across from one end to the other as well. This pattern works best with a beit to start.

Here is the pattern with a number for each letter in order:

dodecahedron-2-300x153.png

Using the same categories of letters in Meru Foundation Research: Front-Back / Base-3 Symmetry Groups: 1, I wrote a program to find potential phrases in the Torah where they matched up after a lot of letters. There were many times more than statistically expected and there were more the closer you got to the beginning.