• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tired of being called a sinner?

challupa

ayani, that's where my family and I disagree. I don't believe anyone is a "sinner" in the usual sense of the word. I don't believe anyone needed to die for me in order for me to be saved because that was never a danger. I believe God isn't afraid to talk to everyone and I don't need someone as a go between that is sinless. I am very comfortable with my relationship with God. I agree that we need to do less judging of others no matter who we are like you said. No one can know what the truth is so it makes sense to me that we allow each their own path that comforts them. Thank you for posting and helping me understand more fully the Christian perspective.

ayani

well, i agree that nothing prevents God from guiding, helping, and protecting each person. and that nothing prevents us from believing in Him, coming to the awareness that He is real, and seeking Him.

the idea that we "need someone" to get to God strikes many as silly and unnecessary. we are convinced that by ourselves, we can get there, and know Him. yet as you've just stated, not one of us can know Him in the full sense, simply because... we don't know Him. He's God, and we are not. His ways are not our ways, and His thoughts are not our thoughts.

yet there is Someone who does know Him personally, and can open up the road so that we might know Him more fully. Someone sent from God, and of Him, to show us what He is like, to speak His word to us, and through Himself show us to the God who made us. Someone who is One with God in a personal and meaningful sense, and has a living, eternal power to save and to rescue.

what eventually came to my mind was that it wasn't about what i thought about Him, or even what Christians said about Him that mattered. what mattered is who Christ is in God's eyes, and what that meant for me.

Allfather

Troublemaker from Ulster
ayani said:
what eventually came to my mind was that it wasn't about what i thought about Him, or even what Christians said about Him that mattered. what mattered is who Christ is in God's eyes, and what that meant for me.

But if not one of us can know him, as you've stated, then how can we possibly know who Christ is in his eyes? Is this scriptural, and if so, is it how Christ is viewed in God's eyes, or man's? I don't mean to specifically debate the issue, this is something I've had trouble understanding myself.

As pertaining to the issue here (and I am not generalizing), many Christians will claim that they cannot know the true nature of God, but will still condemn a fellow man to hell based on assumption and feel they are validated in their judgment. I simply don't understand.

challupa

I had an interesting conversation with a neighbor of my birth mom at a gathering a couple years after I found them. She came up and introduced herself and proceeded to tell me that I should give my life to Jesus, that my mother would be so happy if she knew I was going to heaven etc. I just stood there and listened for about 10 minutes while she went on an on. At first it was out of shock that someone would do that. She had never met me but had decided what my beliefs were, that really blew me away. After awhile I decided to just let her ramble. At the end of it all I just looked at her and quietly asked her "how do you know I haven't already done that?" smiled and walked away. A while later she cornered me again and asked me what I had against religion. My answer was a bit longer that time... I found out I could be polite even when more than a little angry;)

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Maybe I'm just having a bad day, but I am really getting tired of being labelled a sinner just because I don't believe in religions definition of God. Is it just me or is anyone else tired of the slogan, we are sinners and we must repent or be sent to hell for eternity. Why do people believe this stuff and why do they think it's alright to tell others this stuff too. Don't they see how hurtful and condescending this is? Sorry, but I'm really tired of the label my family and others give me and other's like me. Usually I'm pretty upbeat about it and let it slide off my back, but today it's getting to me a lot.

All I can tell you..is you WILL burn in hell.I will live in a castle while you fry.:)

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Now Dallas, that's one of the reasons why I love Dallas!!!:) Seriously though, I do like the heat and I've always found castles cold and drafty:p

YEAH???

Well how about if I get to throw hot burning bricks at your head!!! In my air conditioned castle!! Hmmm..How would you like that! :candle:

Love

Dallas

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
WELL!! I think before we die!! We should hang her on a steak and BURN HER!!..Isnt that the LEAST we could do??Maybe she will sign a confession!

Love

Dallas

lunamoth

Will to love
WELL!! I think before we die!! We should hang her on a steak and BURN HER!!..Isnt that the LEAST we could do??Maybe she will sign a confession!

Love

Dallas

If we throw her in a pool and she drowns, then she's not a sinner.

At least I think I've got that right.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
Lets see...If she SWIMS with rocks around her legs she is WICKED.... If she dies and drowns she is innocent..

Thats fair ..right?

Love

DAllas

challupa

Wow you guys are mean!! You're beginning to make my Birth family look tame!!! That's it, I'm outta here. Gotta go to the store and get some garlic...

lunamoth

Will to love
Wow you guys are mean!! You're beginning to make my Birth family look tame!!! That's it, I'm outta here. Gotta go to the store and get some garlic...

I would also like to point out that Dallas was being much meaner that I was.

I think she has been at the boiled goat juice again.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
:D:D

Real people did this to real women in real life..

Love

Get your garlic..and send some my way..I LOVE garlic.Kick it UP a notch!

Love

Dallas