• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Timbersports

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member

Does anyone watch Timbersports? I think I found a new sport to try haha. I love chopping wood, it's very cathartic.

@Revoltingest
Barechested_Willie_Tapped_Out.png

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I customize my machetes by making the edge more acute
& sharper. But I dislike axes....at least the cheap ones.
I've never used a racing ax.

I'm actually partial to axes. I dislike chainsaws. I beef the chain up a lot.

I find an axe with a bit of a beard, can cut through wood like butter if swung right.

My current axe is a steel head on a polymer handle, like this:
08428617.jpg

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Never watched it, it's not on French or English TV.

We burn about 8 cubic metres of wood a year and our supplier seems to have an elastic ruler. The wood should be cut to 50cm before we get it but it tends to be anywhere between 30 and 70 cm so.

We have invested in an electric log splitter and a chainsaw. Hubby drives the splitter and i am the chainsaw maniac. I've become quite adept at it over the years. Not competition standard by any means but i can cut a log to 50 (ish) cm and will sometimes cut a smiley face or pretty pattern in the log.

Just a few weeks ago we bought a small hand axe to cut kindling. I can only just manage to pick it up and hit the wood with it... Very dangerous so that job has been relegated to hubby

Heyo

Veteran Member
I'm actually partial to axes.
I wouldn't say that I'm partial to axes, I simply like old tools, especially those I can use and present on medieval fairs. I buy them on flee markets or forge them myself. I have a small collection of axes, adzes, carpenters axes, billhooks and machete-like knifes.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I wouldn't say that I'm partial to axes, I simply like old tools, especially those I can use and present on medieval fairs. I buy them on flee markets or forge them myself. I have a small collection of axes, adzes, carpenters axes, billhooks and machete-like knifes.

You forge your own?!?

Teach me your ways O Wise one.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Never watched it, it's not on French or English TV.

We burn about 8 cubic metres of wood a year and our supplier seems to have an elastic ruler. The wood should be cut to 50cm before we get it but it tends to be anywhere between 30 and 70 cm so.

We have invested in an electric log splitter and a chainsaw. Hubby drives the splitter and i am the chainsaw maniac. I've become quite adept at it over the years. Not competition standard by any means but i can cut a log to 50 (ish) cm and will sometimes cut a smiley face or pretty pattern in the log.

Just a few weeks ago we bought a small hand axe to cut kindling. I can only just manage to pick it up and hit the wood with it... Very dangerous so that job has been relegated to hubby

They have it in France though!!

And G. Britain.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I guess so, definitely beats gridiron (what's gridiron?)
Though hundreds of thousands of football (socker) fans would argue the point.

The only "sport" i do watch is F1

Gridiron is what the Aussies call American Football. Since soccer is also called football, I chose to say grindiron.

Last edited: