• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Three levels of glory in the afterlife

I have understood it like that mormons believe the afterlife to be looking like these three kind of glorifications you can get:

1. Celestial: God
2. Telestial: Jesus
3. Terrestrial: The Holy Spirit

Would this impose that Jesus doesn't live with God, but that a mormon who live a good life, and gets granted by God, can live with God, in contradiction to what Jesus himself do?

How does this work?

I mean no disregarding with my (many) questions. I just aint that good in english :p

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I have understood it like that mormons believe the afterlife to be looking like these three kind of glorifications you can get:

1. Celestial: God
2. Telestial: Jesus
3. Terrestrial: The Holy Spirit

Would this impose that Jesus doesn't live with God, but that a mormon who live a good life, and gets granted by God, can live with God, in contradiction to what Jesus himself do?

How does this work?
You may have read something to the effect that a different member of the Godhead presides over each of the three kingdoms. I recall hearing something like that myself once. I understand that to mean that there is a hierarchy within the Godhead. Even though the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are all equally "divine," the the Father holds a position within the Godhead that is greater than the Son's. (Jesus specifically states this in the Bible.) Likewise, the Holy Ghost holds the lowest position. The fact that Jesus may preside over the Telestial Kingdom means only that those who end up there will be blessed to know Him and the Holy Ghost, but not the Father. That doesn't necessarily mean that Jesus "lives" somewhere other than where the Father lives. A person could "preside" over a kingdom where he doesn't actually "reside."

I mean no disregarding with my (many) questions. I just aint that good in english :p
You were doing great with your English until you got to the "ain't." ;) But of course you already know that. Where are you from, by the way?

You may have read something to the effect that a different member of the Godhead presides over each of the three kingdoms. I recall hearing something like that myself once. I understand that to mean that there is a hierarchy within the Godhead. Even though the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost are all equally "divine," the the Father holds a position within the Godhead that is greater than the Son's. (Jesus specifically states this in the Bible.) Likewise, the Holy Ghost holds the lowest position. The fact that Jesus may preside over the Telestial Kingdom means only that those who end up there will be blessed to know Him and the Holy Ghost, but not the Father. That doesn't necessarily mean that Jesus "lives" somewhere other than where the Father lives. A person could "preside" over a kingdom where he doesn't actually "reside."

You were doing great with your English until you got to the "ain't." ;) But of course you already know that. Where are you from, by the way?

Thank you! :)

Im norwegian :) Have actually visited a mormon church nearby my hometown twice. Its really good community! But, do you think its okay to visit the church without becoming a member? Im really interested in knowing mote of the churchs beliefs.

And I would also like to thank you for answering on my other posts! The one that was about all those questions - I was going to thank for that. I just didn't have time before today.

BTW: the reason i used the specific internet site to "explain the mormon doctrines", was because that the internet site clearly took up the things i was wondering about, something thats harder to read explicit on the lds-site.

lostwanderingsoul

you should visit a number of different churches and ask questions while you are there. that way you can compare different ideas and see what sounds best for you

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Thank you! :)

Im norwegian :)
Wow! Cool! Well your English really is excellent. You seriously make very, very few mistakes.

Have actually visited a mormon church nearby my hometown twice. Its really good community! But, do you think its okay to visit the church without becoming a member? Im really interested in knowing more of the churchs beliefs.
Absolutely, it's okay. You will actually learn a lot more about what we believe by attending our worship services than you will by reading stuff online. We may believe a particular doctrine, but while a website may lead you to believe that this is a core doctrine of our religion, it may very well be an insignificant and peripheral doctrine. What you hear taught in church is a much better indicator of what we believe than what someone may tell you.

And I would also like to thank you for answering on my other posts! The one that was about all those questions - I was going to thank for that. I just didn't have time before today.

BTW: the reason i used the specific internet site to "explain the mormon doctrines", was because that the internet site clearly took up the things i was wondering about, something thats harder to read explicit on the lds-site.
No problem. You're always very respectful and polite, and it's a pleasure talking to you.

Last edited: