• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thoughts and actions are results of...

OneThatGotAway

Servant of Yahweh God Almighty
You have no idea what you're talking about here. When conception happens, sperm and egg unite to create a fertilized egg. Unless that egg implants on the uterine wall, pregnancy doesn't happen. No pregnancy, no baby.:rolleyes:
And at this point the fertilized egg HAS NO BRAIN, so how can conscious be apparent? :rolleyes:

Actually, it is you who don't know what you're talking about. The sperm and egg has life in them; and thus their life unites to begin the development of the unborn baby. I did not say that conscience begins at conception; that is a fallacious assumption on your part. I said that life comes before conception. :tigger:

No, it's because we haven't got it all figured out yet. It doesn't mean we won't. We're only talking about 50 years of extensive research on brain function. Don't be scared though. Just like we discovered IVF for christians who prayed and couldn't have a baby through it, but now can with IVF, I'm more than sure we will one day figure out how to repair a brain dead person.

Me scared? Don't flatter yourself; I have the author of life on my side: God. And men can even spend over 5,000 years of scientific research and still will not be able to create life. I laugh at the thought of even making such a silly remark. The process of IVF is using something that is already a alive; i.e. the sperm and the egg. :biglaugh:

ellenjanuary

That is horse****, life begins at conception... The life of a human being, as a person, as an image of god; starts around six when long-term memories solidify...

The life going on at conception is part of an unbroken chain three point eight billion years old.

Jeez. What's the question? Yeah, that gets me all kinda wound; you get like a month out of a ninety-year lifespan, if you could put it all together, of any kind of will relatively free from deterministic, environmental bs... and if you sin, you burn forever... come on. And why would a soul have all of that unnecessary baggage?

A soul... is a piece of the universal wavelength, collapsed into particle by the processing of a causal being. After the being expires, the soul uncollapses, rejoins the universal wavelength - god.

ninerbuff

godless wonder
Actually, it is you who don't know what you're talking about. The sperm and egg has life in them; and thus their life unites to begin the development of the unborn baby. I did not say that conscience begins at conception; that is a fallacious assumption on your part. I said that life comes before conception. :tigger:
Lol, if YOU say so.
And Christians DO believe that LIFE began at conception.
Thanks for clarifying that.:foot:

Me scared? Don't flatter yourself; I have the author of life on my side: God. And men can even spend over 5,000 years of scientific research and still will not be able to create life. I laugh at the thought of even making such a silly remark. The process of IVF is using something that is already a alive; i.e. the sperm and the egg. :biglaugh:
Keep laughing......but as you can see we're not far off. Guess that god of yours needs to start gettting out a "will work for worship sign" in the near future.;)

Scientists expect to create life in next 10 years - Technology & science - Science - msnbc.com

Scientists Create First Self-Replicating Synthetic Life | Wired Science | Wired.com

Can science create artificial life?

Last edited: