• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thought Provoking

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
when you ask a question of another's beliefs, or even your own, are you putting that bubble at risk? provoking an irritant that might need scratching?

causing something to roll up from the deep old scratch?

freak

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
when you ask a question of another's beliefs, or even your own, are you putting that bubble at risk?

Every single time. However more often than not that bubble just floats away ignoring the question

FredVB

I am willing to explore what is new information including of others' beliefs. But it would only be actual facts that are verified that if contrary to something I understood would change that for me. I know to not run from truth, the truth is desirable.

FredVB

I inquire, but I will want to share what I think already, for it to be heard. If neither I nor another speaking with me are willing to rethink anything at all, there would be less to discuss.

FredVB

I don't think it bad to ask others, at appropriate times, within some context, when there is dialogue already established, what they believe. I don't think it is bad in similar contexts to be asked about what I believe about something. I can't tell others everything I believe, still, there would be much more for that than I would ever have time for or ability to organize sufficiently for it all to be shared.