• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those Who Will Not Serve the Lord Will Be Swept Off the Land of Promise (North America)

FFH

Veteran Member
Ether 2: 9
And now, we can behold the decrees of God concerning this land (FFH's note: North America), that it is a land of promise; and whatsoever nation shall possess it shall serve God, or they shall be swept off when the fulness of his wrath shall come upon them. And the fulness of his wrath cometh upon them when they are ripened in iniquity.

Ether 9: 20
And thus the Lord did pour out his blessings upon this land (FFH's note: North America), which was choice above all other lands; and he commanded that whoso should possess the land should possess it unto the Lord, or they should be destroyed when they were ripened in iniquity; for upon such, saith the Lord: I will pour out the fulness of my wrath.

Last edited:
FFH- about your first quote, isn't that the line Samual L Jackson's character used just before he shot the kid in Pulp Fiction. For the life of me I can't remember his characters name. Can anyone help me out?

DadBurnett

Instigator
FFH: Seems to me you left out an important point. In my Mormon days I often heard that at thre last minute the LDS Priesthood would step in, take over the government and set things aright. It also seems to me that it was also said that the descendents of the BoM peoples would take over sometime soon ...
How does this all fit together???

FFH

Veteran Member
So what do you suppose we should do FFH? Honestly, what do you think should be our course of action to avoid this?
Mosiah (Messiah) 2:22
And behold, all that he requires of you is to keep his commandments; and he has promised you that if ye would keep his commandments ye should prosper in the land (FFH's note: North America or any other land); and he never doth vary from that which he hath said; therefore, if ye do keep his commandments he doth bless you and prosper you.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
FFH: Seems to me you left out an important point. In my Mormon days I often heard that at thre last minute the LDS Priesthood would step in, take over the government and set things aright. It also seems to me that it was also said that the descendents of the BoM peoples would take over sometime soon ...
How does this all fit together???
Ether 13
1 And now I, Moroni, proceed to finish my record concerning the destruction of the people of whom I have been writing.

2 For behold, they rejected all the words of Ether; for he truly told them of all things, from the beginning of man; and that after the waters had receded (FFH's note: Flood of Noah) from off the face of this land it (FFH's note: North America) became a choice land above all other lands, a chosen land of the Lord; wherefore the Lord would have that all men should serve him who dwell upon the face thereof;

3 And that it (FFH's note: North America) was the place of the New Jerusalem, which should come down out of heaven, and the holy sanctuary of the Lord.

4 Behold, Ether saw the days of Christ (FFH's note: when he will rule for 1000 years on earth), and he spake concerning a New Jerusalem (FFH's note: A city miraculously built by the LORD) upon this land (FFH's note: North America).

9 And there shall be a new heaven and a new earth; and they shall be like unto the old save the old have passed away, and all things have become new.

10 And then cometh the New Jerusalem (FFH's note: A city miraculously built by the LORD); and blessed are they who dwell therein, for it is they whose garments are white through the blood of the Lamb; and they are they who are numbered among the remnant of the seed of Joseph, who were of the house of Israel.

Last edited:

FFH

Veteran Member
The Book of Mormon is amazing, if you know what it's saying !!!!

Joseph Smith said, paraphrasing, "No man can get closer to God by reading any other book".

The LORD JESUS CHRIST will RECREATE this earth and MIRACULOUSLY BUILD a city for us to live in, THE NEW JERUSALEM, which will be descend upon the NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT at the behinning of the NEW MILLENIUM !!!!

A CITY BUILT BY THE LORD, 1400 miles long and 1400 miles wide with walls 1400 miles high and the LORD will be the LIGHT therein. There will be no need for a sun in that city, because JESUS will be the light therein.

There will be no more seas, all the lands will be one again.

People will be able to come and go as they please from this city.

All those living on earth at that time will be IMMORTAL, no longer subject to death and sin.

Last edited:

madhatter85

Transhumanist
The Book of Mormon is amazing, if you know what it's saying !!!!

Joseph Smith said, paraphrasing, "No man can get closer to God by reading any other book".

The LORD JESUS CHRIST will RECREATE this earth and MIRACULOUSLY BUILD a city for us to live in, THE NEW JERUSALEM, which will be descend upon the NORTH AMERICAN CONTINENT at the behinning of the NEW MILLENIUM !!!!

A CITY BUILT BY THE LORD, 1400 miles long and 1400 miles wide with walls 1400 miles high and the LORD will be the LIGHT therein. There will be no need for a sun in that city, because JESUS will be the light therein.

There will be no more seas, all the lands will be one again.

People will be able to come and go as they please from this city.

All those living on earth at that time will be IMMORTAL, no longer subject to death and sin.
I'm not sure where you're getting the info about 1400 miles...

The Karman Line is an internationally designated altitude commonly used to define outer space which starts at about 62 miles up.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I already know of the mass destruction prophesied of in scripture. However, I tend to side with The Kolob Theorem in matters of how this will actually happen.

I may be wrong, but i don't feel that we are magically going to be saved from the destruction, But rather be resurrected fairly quickly after the destruction when the Lord comes.

Nope, I am wrong:
D&C 88:
96 And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him.
97 And they who have slept in their graves shall come forth, for their graves shall be opened; and they also shall be caught up to meet him in the midst of the pillar of heaven—
98 They are Christ’s, the first fruits, they who shall descend with him first, and they who are on the earth and in their graves, who are first caught up to meet him; and all this by the voice of the sounding of the trump of the angel of God.

Last edited: