• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Those who Act in God's Name

Davidium

Hello my fellow UU's (and everyone else),

You may remember that I said in my introduction here that I am part of a small UU fellowship that is congregationally led... we have no minister.

We have guest speakers, but we also have members (like myself) who develop and present services. I am preparing to be the "facilitator" for one later this month, but I am also working on several services to present myself early next year.

I have a version of one (for sometime in January) that I have reached a draft version of. In fact, it is a revision of an essay I wrote almost a year ago. This version is for a UU audience.

It is about those who act in the name of God, and the importance of maintaining doubt in your beliefs.

I would love feedback from my fellow UU's here, and that of others who are interested.

Here is the link.

http://dynamicdeism.org/library/UU_ingodsname.htm

I thank you all in advance. Please feel free to respond here, or in email or PM to me...

Thank you.

Reason and Respect in all you say and do,

David Pyle