• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Thomas did not receive the Holy Spirit

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Ummm… wasn’t the Holy Spirit A GIFT FROM THE FATHER…?
See the debate over the Filioque clause. The RCC holds that the Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son. The Orthodox (oddly, also Trinitarian) holds that the Spirit proceeds from the Father through the Son. Either position will support the doctrine of the Trinity.

sojourner

This is odd since nowhere does any scriptures say this. AND, it’s different to THE SPIRIT GIVING OF ITS GIFTS. You say the spirit GIVES ALL OF ITSELF which means that it gives ALL ITS GIFTS to the believers.

I showed you that the scriptures say each believer RECEIVED different gifts: You say in effect that they received ALL THE GIFTS BUT CHOSE to use use less (or all?) and that’s the difference between them.

NO! I challenge you to produce a verse saying anything even remotely like that. Are you up to the challenge?
You are, of course, aware that all core doctrines of the church are not arrived at strictly sola scriptura. Therefore, they cannot be adequately argued from that stance.

sojourner

So you think Jesus was God…

So God didn’t know who touched his cloak nor when he was going to return … but Yhwh knew everything?

Or are you saying that Jesus was Yhwh but didn’t have the power of yhwh at various times?
Jesus was never YHWH. YHWH never appears in the NT. Theos appears, and kyrios.
It’s this confusion of terms that always sinks your arguments.

Soapy

Son of his Father: The Heir and Prince
Jesus was never YHWH. YHWH never appears in the NT. Theos appears, and kyrios.
It’s this confusion of terms that always sinks your arguments.
You are right that Jesus was never YHWH.

Yhwh is The Only True God. So yes, Jesus was never The Only True God.

In fact, even Jesus, himself says that his Father is the Only True God.

Yes, perfectly true. Thank you for proving against yourself and against trinity.

Fallacy always catches itself out… it’s the law of reality!!

Soapy

You are, of course, aware that all core doctrines of the church are not arrived at strictly sola scriptura. Therefore, they cannot be adequately argued from that stance.
I have no idea what Sola Scriptura is. Is it done king of Roman Catholic nonsense?

Soapy

See the debate over the Filioque clause. The RCC holds that the Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son. The Orthodox (oddly, also Trinitarian) holds that the Spirit proceeds from the Father through the Son. Either position will support the doctrine of the Trinity.
The RCC might well say this or that. Scriptures is not contingent on believing the RCC.

It is the RCC that should align itself with scriptures.

sojourner

You are right that Jesus was never YHWH.

Yhwh is The Only True God. So yes, Jesus was never The Only True God.

In fact, even Jesus, himself says that his Father is the Only True God.

Yes, perfectly true. Thank you for proving against yourself and against trinity.

Fallacy always catches itself out… it’s the law of reality!!
Nope. That’s not what I said. You’re misquoting me. Isn’t that a forum rules violation? In fact, YHWH never appears in the NT. Therefore, it’s not YHWH who is Jesus’ Father. Theos may be. Pater likely is. Perhaps kyrios. But not YHWH.
In fact it would be theos of whom Jesus is part.

sojourner

I have no idea what Sola Scriptura is. Is it done king of Roman Catholic nonsense?
It is the 16th century heresy of “scripture alone.” that was never the modus operendi of the early church, nor is it that for the RCC, the Orthodox, or any other historic and creedal church body. It’s the nonsensical brain child of the Reformation and beyond.

sojourner

The RCC might well say this or that. Scriptures is not contingent on believing the RCC.

It is the RCC that should align itself with scriptures.
Neither is the church’s belief contingent up sola scriptura.

What you really mean is that the RCC should align itself with YOUR take on the scriptures.