• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is your brain on music

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Fascinating and a concept I wholeheartedly support.

I know for me, my listening took a giant turn in the summer of 1969. I bought a sampler lp from Capitol records on which was a track by a little known band called Pink Floyd. ON CONTACT with the track, Astronomy Domine (live), taken from their landmark lp "Ummagumma", I instantly knew that this was the sound I was craving.

Not even Hendrix hit me the same way, at first, at least. Not even Janis, although she was a close second. (I think I had tears in my eyes the first time I ever heard "Ball and Chain" from "cheap thrills.)

Curiously, years later, when Dark Side of the Moon came out, I didn't like it. I thought Pink Floyd had "gone commercial". I think, for example, that Echoes (from "Meddle" 1971), will always remain one of my all time favorite pieces of music.