• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

This is the anniversary of the execution of 10 Baha'i women.

Truthseeker

Non-debating member when I can help myself
brazil-national-congress-honors-10 Baha'i women at public hearing.jpg

Brazil: National Congress honors 10 Bahá'í women at public hearing

Truthseeker

It is hard to believe that such barbarism still exists in this day and age. And people ask why the world needs a new religion. :rolleyes:
There's barbarism like that in other places, too. Ask the gay people in Uganda how life is for them.

KAMPALA, May 29 (Reuters) - Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni signed one of the world's toughest anti-LGBTQ laws, including the death penalty for "aggravated homosexuality", drawing Western condemnation and risking sanctions from aid donors.

Same-sex relations were already illegal in Uganda, as in more than 30 African countries, but the new law goes further.

It stipulates capital punishment for "serial offenders" against the law and transmission of a terminal illness like HIV/AIDS through gay sex. It also decrees a 20-year sentence for "promoting" homosexuality.

Truthseeker

That is so sad. :( So young they were, martyrs for the Cause of Baha'u'llah. Such faith, such courage.
Yes, I found it sad, too. That last shot of them all hanging there was disturbing. It didn't happen that way, though. They were handed one by one with the same rope, I understand. and the others were forced to watch. Well, that was said in the video that Mona was last to be hanged so she could pray for them as they were hanged. That evil looking cleric in video you saw, by the way, was Alex Rocco, who was the most famous Baha'i actor before Rainn Wilson. Alex Rocco was in the Godfather as a gangster in Las Vegas, who was liquidated by Michael Corleone at the end of the movie. He always played a lawless person or a detective it seemed like.

That sequence with Alex Rocco was in an earlier video called "Mona with the children" that was inserted into this video. That women kissing the rope was an actor playing Mona. Mona's father died too, two or three days before. That is her father in the video. He looks so proud and pleased with his daughter. That is so sad , too.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
There's barbarism like that in other places, too. Ask the gay people in Uganda how life is for them.

KAMPALA, May 29 (Reuters) - Uganda's President Yoweri Museveni signed one of the world's toughest anti-LGBTQ laws, including the death penalty for "aggravated homosexuality", drawing Western condemnation and risking sanctions from aid donors.

Same-sex relations were already illegal in Uganda, as in more than 30 African countries, but the new law goes further.

It stipulates capital punishment for "serial offenders" against the law and transmission of a terminal illness like HIV/AIDS through gay sex. It also decrees a 20-year sentence for "promoting" homosexuality.
I wish those who accuse the Baha'i Faith of being homophobic would compare the Baha'i Laws to these laws. :mad: What does the Baha'i Faith DO to homosexuals? - NOTHING. The worst thing tat can happen is that they lose their voting rights in a Baha'i election, big deal, and that is only if they are flagrantly homosexual in a public place and say they are a Baha'i.

Truthseeker

I wish those who accuse the Baha'i Faith of being homophobic would compare the Baha'i Laws to these laws. :mad: What does the Baha'i Faith DO to homosexuals? - NOTHING. The worst thing tat can happen is that they lose their voting rights in a Baha'i election, big deal, and that is only if they are flagrantly homosexual in a public place and say they are a Baha'i.
That is if they are engaging in sexual relations, of course, and that is publicly known.

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
That is if they are engaging in sexual relations, of course, and that is publicly known.
How could it be publicly known unless they either did it in public or told others about it in public?
Would the same thing happen if unmarried heterosexuals were engaging in sexual relations and it was publicly known?

Truthseeker

How could it be publicly known unless they either did it in public or told others about it in public?
Would the same thing happen if unmarried heterosexuals were engaging in sexual relations and it was publicly known?
Yes, they would have to tell others they were doing sex in both cases, I think. There was a case I know very well where a Baha'i woman got pregnant from sex out of wedlock (she wasn't married), so in that way people had to know she had sex out of wedlock. To her credit, she did not have an abortion to keep this secret. Nothing was done to her. She did not lose her Administrative rights. Maybe because she stopped having that sex out of wedlock? I don't know, only the LSA in the area knows.

It is a disadvantage for women as far as that law is concerned, because men don't get pregnant.