• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There Is So Much More!

crystalonyx

Why are we unworthy of a supposed god's creation? This implies this supposed god created unworthy creatures for his own amusement? Not much of a god.

ladytex2

Yeah, that's often been my quandary too. Suddenly, during one of these knowledge quests, I realized that we are a learning process for God. I guess being a parent - even if you're God - means parenting doesn't come with instructions - it's a learning processs. Sorta' humbling, huh?

ladytex2

I didn’t really answer your question, did I? Sorry! Well, we must be unworthy: Adam and Eve were given a perfect world – Eden. 2) Couldn’t keep Eden because they were stupid and disobeyed the owner – GOD. 3) Got thrown out of Eden (rather than wiped off the face of the planet – another gift), and were told to go and populate the world (filled with more stupid people who weren’t going to behave any better than they had). 4) GOD finally realizes what HE’s done and sends a flood to take us out! 5) HE saves a few souls (the best HE could find) and starts all over.6) Do we appreciate it? NO! We seem to destroy everything we touch! This makes us unworthy – even to my simple mind. 7) Time to get thrown out again?! Only this time instead of an Ark – we have Jesus (another gift we take for granted)! GOD's love for us is beyond my understanding. Why does HE bother?

ladytex2

Did you get my reply? It began with, "Actually I love the Psalms …"? If not, my reply to you bacame another new thread in: Theological Concepts. Anxious for your feedback.

Rolling_Stone

You may remember the story of how the devil and a friend of his were walking down the street, when they saw ahead of them a man stoop down and pick up something from the ground, look at it, and put it away in his pocket. The friend said to the devil, "What did that man pick up?" "He picked up a piece of Truth," said the devil. "That is a very bad business for you, then," said his friend. "Oh, not at all," the devil replied, "I am going to let him organize it."

I maintain that Truth is a pathless land, and you cannot approach it by any path whatsoever, by any religion, by any sect. That is my point of view, and I adhere to that absolutely and unconditionally. Truth, being limitless, unconditioned, unapproachable by any path whatsoever, cannot be organized; nor should any organization be formed to lead or to coerce people along any particular path. If you first understand that, then you will see how impossible it is to organize a belief. A belief is purely an individual matter, and you cannot and must not organize it. If you do, it becomes dead, crystallized; it becomes a creed, a sect, a religion, to be imposed on others. This is what everyone throughout the world is attempting to do. Truth is narrowed down and made a plaything for those who are weak, for those who are only momentarily discontented. Truth cannot be brought down, rather the individual must make the effort to ascend to it. You cannot bring the mountain-top to the valley. If you would attain to the mountain-top you must pass through the valley, climb the steeps, unafraid of the dangerous precipices. You must climb towards the Truth, it cannot be "stepped down" or organized for you. Interest in ideas is mainly sustained by organizations, but organizations only awaken interest from without. Interest, which is not born out of love of Truth for its own sake, but aroused by an organization, is of no value. The organization becomes a framework into which its members can conveniently fit. They no longer strive after Truth or the mountain-top, but rather carve for themselves a convenient niche in which they put themselves, or let the organization place them, and consider that the organization will thereby lead them to Truth.
Krishnamurti​