• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

There are no trains to Clarksville

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
I've liked the Monkees since I was a young teenager. Micky has always been my favorite. I like his story of when he, Mike, and Peter partied with the Beatles and when he was invited by Paul to attend the recording of 'Good Morning Good Morning.' He says that partying with the Beatles inspired him to write his song 'Randy Scouse Git' ("The four kings of EMI are sitting stately on the floor..."). In fact, listening to the Monkees' music led me to discover the Beatles.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Big fan here. When we were kids the Monkeys were more popular with my crowd than the Beatles were, probably because they had their own show and we were all TV junkies.

Regardless, the music was pretty good in its own right.

Side note: I was friends briefly with Deb Dolens, Micky's sister, when I lived in Santa Cruz California.