• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Theological concepts. Is it just reductionism dressed in religious drag?

David T

Premium Member
It seems that as I look at the titles in theological concepts it's just philosophy and reductionism specifically. It all seems like a string theory (reality starts with non dimensional strings) and manifests into physical. The discussions start with that assumption but are specific lost in the trees debates how those magic strings work and manifest the forest. I could be wrong it could be a type of multiverse discussion where tolkiens LOTR is actually a literal scientific story telepathically transmitted from another universe. Reductionism is wierd but definitely " normal".

Kemosloby

Premium Member
If anything LOTR is religion dressed in drag. You can see a lot of bible themes in it, dressed in fantasy.

omega2xx

It seems that as I look at the titles in theological concepts it's just philosophy and reductionism specifically. It all seems like a string theory (reality starts with non dimensional strings) and manifests into physical. The discussions start with that assumption but are specific lost in the trees debates how those magic strings work and manifest the forest. I could be wrong it could be a type of multiverse discussion where tolkiens LOTR is actually a literal scientific story telepathically transmitted from another universe. Reductionism is wierd but definitely " normal".

If the concept is dressed in Biblical text, it is not philosophy. It is all strung together, but has one central theme---Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

David T

Premium Member
If the concept is dressed in Biblical text, it is not philosophy. It is all strung together, but has one central theme---Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.
That's reductionism perfectly expressed which then leads to a building with someone calling it an ark with Jesus riding dinasaurs!!!! Just like the multiverse and string theory all blended together!!!