• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The world/realm/universe ect. Is a fractal

Zeta

Think about it next time you look at the night sky. When you leave our solor system they are billions of others. Go far enough you leave the Galaxy and you will find billions of other galaxies. If some how you leave the universe there could be billions of other universes. What if this continues indefinitely? What if you leave the multiverse and you find billions of other multiverses and when you leave the second degree multiverse you find there are billions of second degree multiverses. it would be like a pattern repeating endlessly. I hope I explained this okay I just kinda had a thought and wanted to right it down lol.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
So does this work getting smaller? Electrons orbiting the nucleus looks reminiscent of a solar system.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
Think about it next time you look at the night sky. When you leave our solor system they are billions of others. Go far enough you leave the Galaxy and you will find billions of other galaxies. If some how you leave the universe there could be billions of other universes. What if this continues indefinitely? What if you leave the multiverse and you find billions of other multiverses and when you leave the second degree multiverse you find there are billions of second degree multiverses. it would be like a pattern repeating endlessly. I hope I explained this okay I just kinda had a thought and wanted to right it down lol.
There was an article in Scientific American maybe a decade ago--I'd really have to hunt down the reference--that laid out four kinds of alternate universes that should/might exist. One of the conclusions was that our "level one" universe is probably close to infinite in extent, and therefore there will be many areas (well, and infinite number) just like our own (meaning identical, down to position and history of every atom); the closest exact dupliciate universe some huge number (seems to me a googolplex raised to some other number) of lightyears away from us. Then there are the universes that exist in other dimensions...

It boggles my mind, at least, and yes, it potentially could be fractal...but then, what of it? I've thought about it before, and I'm just not sure what it might mean for us living here on Earth...:confused::D

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
Think about it next time you look at the night sky. When you leave our solor system they are billions of others. Go far enough you leave the Galaxy and you will find billions of other galaxies.
All true :) I'm just curious as to why you didn't say "leave the planet there are 9 others", but it's not important

If some how you leave the universe there could be billions of other universes. What if this continues indefinitely? What if you leave the multiverse and you find billions of other multiverses and when you leave the second degree multiverse you find there are billions of second degree multiverses. it would be like a pattern repeating endlessly. I hope I explained this okay I just kinda had a thought and wanted to right it down lol.
Could be. You never know.

There are a lot of different concepts regarding multiverses, but to be as precise with the definition of 'universe' multiverses should be considered separate spacetimes, so they don't exist outside of the universe, but parallel to it

Then again you have the bubble universe theory, but I'm curious how you define universe and what separates one universe from another.