• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Vaping Info Thread

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
I noticed there is no Vaping Info thread so decided to start one.

So, those who vape, what mods, tanks, etc do you use?
What are your favourites?
What ones are you looking to get?

McBell

I am currently using the Smok H-Priv 220 w TC with a Horizon Arctic V12 tank.

I also have for backup (when the batteries of the Smok are charging) an Eleaf Istick Pico with the Melo 3 tank.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Yay, other vapers! I'm currently using the Tesla Nano 60WTC mod and the Sense Herakles Pro tank. I have a couple of StarrePro FreeMax tanks, but I keep breaking the glass on them because it's top heavy.

I'm relatively new to vaping, but I definitely like it more than smoking. :)

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod Post***

This thread is in the General Discussion Forum, no debating allowed.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Yay, other vapers! I'm currently using the Tesla Nano 60WTC mod and the Sense Herakles Pro tank. I have a couple of StarrePro FreeMax tanks, but I keep breaking the glass on them because it's top heavy.

I'm relatively new to vaping, but I definitely like it more than smoking. :)
I'm rather ignorant about this, could I ask what is inside this stuff, or what is it made of ?.

McBell

psychoslice

Veteran Member
propylene glycol and or vegetable glycerin
flavoring
nicotine (optional)
Thank you, if there us no nicotine, would one keep vaping, I always thought that the habit of smoking was because of the nicotine, so one would vape just for the pleasure of the flavor, and not particularly the nicotine habit ?.

McBell

Thank you, if there us no nicotine, would one keep vaping, I always thought that the habit of smoking was because of the nicotine, so one would vape just for the pleasure of the flavor, and not particularly the nicotine habit ?.
I started vaping at 6mg nicotine.
I dropped to 3 mg.
Then to 1.5 mg.

I am most likely going to have to start making my own vape juice to get the flavors I like with 0 nicotine.

I initially started vaping to stop smoking.
I do not know if I want to stop vaping after I get to 0 nicotine.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I use an Aspire something. I don't get into it enough to really know much about it other than the pens are total junk and I've only had a few cigarettes over the past few years, long before it became a trend, and anymore I just won't touch them and I don't get the "right" nicotine fix anyways.
And, come to think of it, RF is where I first heard of them, about a decade ago, when they were just starting to get any attention for being cheaper than smoking and something to ween yourself off nicotine, which is so much easier when you can just get a puff or two instead of having to light a full cigarette.

New Oh, Thought it was a thread explaining the dangers found, and the reasons needed for regulating what oils are allowed, as some have been found to change our DNA. :eek:
The things they put in those, they are no different than things being put in our food. With the exception of the nicotine, complaints of the ingredients are complaints with the food market in general. Other than nicotine, it's just vegetable and/or polypropylene glycole and food flavorings. It's a completely different world from formaldehyde, arsenic, and acetone. I can agree with some regulation, but what has been seen has been small business unfriendly and just dumb. We all need to accept vaping is not smoking and it is not tobacco. It's probably not entirely safe, but there is no reason to assume they are even on the same playing field as cigarettes, and indeed there are studies coming out stating they are far less dangerous than cigarettes, with one study stating they are up to 95% percent less dangerous than cigarettes. The reasons are just in the fact the vapors from e-cigs are not carrying all the pollutants, carcinogens, and burnt smoke of cigarettes. Even with pot, vaping has long been accepted as removing the risk associated with smoking it.
You are the one smoking them
The very fact you call it smoking shows you haven't seriously evaluated them. There is no smoke, meaning there is no combusted carbons and byproducts of tons of stuff being inhaled. No tar, no tons of nasty stuff, no flame, no smoke. They probably aren't perfectly safe, but they do not have the amount of toxins cigarettes do or the combustion process to turn tons of toxins into tons more toxins.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't understand doing it without the nicotine. Anymore, I puff on it because it is a mild stimulant, using it more of aid for a few various things that a mild stimulant can benefit. I hardly even puff while I drive around anymore, which used to be one of the worst times for me to up the amount I smoked from boredom.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I started vaping at 6mg nicotine.
I dropped to 3 mg.
Then to 1.5 mg.

I am most likely going to have to start making my own vape juice to get the flavors I like with 0 nicotine.

I initially started vaping to stop smoking.
I do not know if I want to stop vaping after I get to 0 nicotine.
That's interesting, is vaping a burning substance or a vapor, and if so, how does it work ?.

Skwim

Veteran Member
And here I thought vaping was a sexual fetish employing hamsters. Oh well. :shrug: Live and learn.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's interesting, is vaping a burning substance or a vapor, and if so, how does it work ?.
The juice is heated in an atomizer and made into a vapor. I've even noticed on some "fog machine" vapors that you can see a watery residue left over on the mouth piece after heavy vaping. Nothing is burnt, there is no fowl smell, and the scent of the vapor quickly fades.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
The juice is heated in an atomizer and made into a vapor. I've even noticed on some "fog machine" vapors that you can see a watery residue left over on the mouth piece after heavy vaping. Nothing is burnt, there is no fowl smell, and the scent of the vapor quickly fades.
That id very interesting, but do you get addicted to it ?.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So you can do without it if you want to ?.
Pretty much. I have plenty of days where I don't even use it, or use very little of it. Now, with that said, I'm not one of these "power puffers" who talk about how many times a day they have to refill their tanks, or even someone who has to refill it more than twice a week, so my experience may not reflect the average.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
Pretty much. I have plenty of days where I don't even use it, or use very little of it. Now, with that said, I'm not one of these "power puffers" who talk about how many times a day they have to refill their tanks, or even someone who has to refill it more than twice a week, so my experience may not reflect the average.
I see, it sounds like you have it under control which is good.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Nicotine is addictive, but while it may just be me, I don't get cravings and urges for it like I got when I smoked.

There are way more addictive chemicals in cigarette tobacco than nicotine, and they're problematic too. My wife is a long term smoker, and even if she hits the vape it doesn't keep her from getting a headache forever. I don't smoke cigarettes at all, personally, just nearly anything else. :D

Last edited: