• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Universe made itself!

Pah

Uber all member
Natural Submission said:
God is everywhere. God is everything that exists.
I respect that thought but perhaps you can see where I disagree. At any rate, we should end our converation as we understand your position.

DC85

Saw11_2000 said:
Is it scientifically possible for the universe to just create itself? I thought everything had to have a constant beginning.
This is the idea I am proposing in the first part...

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
When discussing a metaphysical subject such as this it's important to be clear on what level of reality you're speaking from. Fail to clarify this and you end up speaking at cross purposes, missing your interlocutor's points and marveling at his obtuseness. Reality is different and is perceived differently from different levels of consciousness.

In ordinary, 3rd-state consciousness I can talk about toasters and discuss their various features, but on a metaphysical level I deny their existence and believe them illusions or dreams. I both believe and disbelieve in toasters.

A discussion of beginnings or origins presupposes the reality of time as we experience it in day-to-day life. However, this is not how physics understands time. Cosmology can be legitimately discussed both from a mundane, Big Bang, X billion year old creation standpoint or from a Relativistic/Quantum mechanical position of timeless, continuous creation. Both are true -- at different levels.

Fluffy

A fool
A lot of this is speculation so of course this cannot be accepted as fact... It seems to me however the universe could have created itself if this is true... What do you think?
On the plus side, time is just another dimension and if we can control and alter 3 of them, there is no reason we cannot do the same to a 4th. Unfortunately, physics places time under some rather annoying rules, such as cause and effect, which bring up problems when it comes to controlling it. This might be because our brains have adapted so that we can only handle the concept of it going in one direction. So whilst it may be a possible feat, it might not be possible with our perception of the universe.

For example what if I went back in time and killed the person who started the human race before he was able to sneeze. Then I would never be created. Yet then I couldn't go back in the first place. And so we have an temporal paradox which we can't deal with in speculation.

From the quantum physics perspective it is a known FACT that the entire Universe is only an illusion. Everything we know is illusion and the ONLY thing real is the "Observer" (e.g. God) and we exist "within" this Observer. The Observer created everything that exists and It can change or destroy everything that exists in an instant if It wishes. Everything submits to this Force whether in willingly or unwillingly.
How is it possible to prove that something doesn't exist by using elements of that very thing? Quantum physics is part of our universe, just like everything else, so it cannot be used as indicator of the existence of that universe.