• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The uk benefit system is way to generous

No Good Boyo

engineering prostitute
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-12685236

This town is one of the most deprived in the UK. Very few jobs, mass unemployment, high levels of sickness benefit claimants. Good to know that my taxes are being spent for kids to take up the luxury of smoking.

In the mean time, the government is vowing to stamp out "child poverty". I assume this to mean more money for children who cannot even afford to smoke.

It's a truly mad world.

And what kind of scrote gives cigarettes to a 3 year old??? Sickening.

ScottySatan

I'm an American expatriate in the UK. I see a lot of complaining about all the cuts to benefits. Cuts to housing benefits, cuts to benefits for the elderly. They wonder how they can live like this.

But... in the US, most of these benefits, we don't have at all. When you retire, you're on your own. If you can't afford housing, you're on your own. Despite that, you don't see a lot of homelsess pensioners running around. I think the UK population should be able to adapt.

MissAlice

I get sick and tired of hearing people say this over here. In my dad's case, it's barely enough to pay rent let alone electricity and medication. I worry if he should face this discrimination once he's faced with an illness that proves fatal.

kai

ragamuffin
Any world where a report on childhood smoking (with some questionable reporting of statistics) is spun in to a general attack on "benefits" is indeed mad.

Good post! that's what they do over here we call it "Spin"

where i live which is by no means deprived they campaign to get people back to work when shops factories etc,etc are all closing down it also what we call "bollocks"