• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

the truth

daniel

will this change your belief to estimate that the airspeed velocity of an unladen European Swallow is 10 meters per second

whozB4U

Hi to everyone. I joined this forum yesterday and spent several hours reading but now I have a question for the person who started the thread The Truth. What can u tell me about the 18 missing years of Jesus's life??? The book by Nicolas Notovitch claims that He was in India for those 18 years but I find this all very confusing. I just recently became a christian and was baptised. I have not read the entire bible as of today but so far I dont find anything about Jesus and his 18 missing years. Just thought someone else could shed some light on this subject. Thanks for listening.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
SK2005 said:
This Bird, Einstein, also wrote the Magna Carta, and discovered Pluto by traveling there!
Pluto was one of the Disney regulars, and on his way up. In 1936, he received his first star billing, in the Silly Symphony Mother Pluto; and from there, he went on to star in his own series of cartoons. Altogether, he appeared in over 100 theatrically-released shorts — sometimes as the star, but more often as Mickey's dog. Today, Pluto can be seen in comic books in various parts of the world, in cartoons rerun endlessly on The Disney Channel, and even in new animation, broadcast in the "Mickey Mouse Works" segment of Disney's One Saturday Morning. Even now, he is only occasionally a star — mostly, he appears in the role of Mickey Mouse's dog.

Wait; I'm confused; Eistein, the bird, wrote the Magna Carta in 1215, discovered Pluto, but Pluto only 1st starred in 1936???? 721Years of training ; my oh my he must have been a lame actor!:jiggy:

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Hi whozB4U!!!! Welcome to the forum; sorry I can't answer your question, I'll leave that to one of the intelligent folk on this forum:)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Welcome WhozB4... obviously we didn't hear anything from the time Jesus was a kid in the temple to after he was twenty because he was a teenager. :D

may

:)
whozB4U said:
Hi to everyone. I joined this forum yesterday and spent several hours reading but now I have a question for the person who started the thread The Truth. What can u tell me about the 18 missing years of Jesus's life??? The book by Nicolas Notovitch claims that He was in India for those 18 years but I find this all very confusing. I just recently became a christian and was baptised. I have not read the entire bible as of today but so far I dont find anything about Jesus and his 18 missing years. Just thought someone else could shed some light on this subject. Thanks for listening.

The life of Joseph’s family is built around the worship of Jehovah God. In keeping with God’s Law, Joseph and Mary give their children spiritual instruction ‘when they sit in their house, when they walk on the road, when they lie down, and when they get up.’ There is a synagogue in Nazareth, and we can be sure that Joseph also regularly takes his family along to worship there. Deuteronomy 6:6-9. so Jesus was being taught to be a good jewish boy:)

whozB4U

LOL May and thanks for the info. Daniel must not be able to help me. Oh and btw.......u don't have to hit urself over the head even though I found that to be very funny. Is that wrong????? LOL

may

whozB4U said:
LOL May and thanks for the info. Daniel must not be able to help me. Oh and btw.......u don't have to hit urself over the head even though I found that to be very funny. Is that wrong????? LOL
No, its not wrong to laugh at me i am always in trouble.hope you enjoy RF

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
may said:
No, its not wrong to laugh at me i am always in trouble.hope you enjoy RF
Shall we try again, from the beginning; I have lost the 'thread'! lol - seriously, Daniel, what would you like to debate on?:)

Joannicius

whozB4U said:
Welcome..........the years that aren't recorded in the scriptures He was, as God, being anonomous as He seems in many ways today..........I know it's not an answer, I just had to throw in my two cents worth because I have no idea!!!

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Majickisfun 10/10 !!

Joannicious, give the guy a chance!
For those interested in What Daniel believes, I have found this on the Internet (Very useful tool)-

Assemblies of God

We believe that the Bible is God's Word. It is accurate, authoritative and applicable to our every day lives.

We believe in one eternal God who is the Creator of all things. He exists in three Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. He is totally loving and completely holy.

We believe that sin has separated each of us from God and His purpose for our lives.

We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ as both God and man is the only One who can reconcile us to God. He lived a sinless and exemplary life, died on the cross in our place, and rose again to prove His victory and empower us for life.

We believe that in order to receive forgiveness and the 'new birth' we must repent of our sins, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and submit to His will for our lives.

We believe that in order to live the holy and fruitful lives that God intends for us, we need to be baptised in water and be filled with the power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit enables us to use spiritual gifts, including speaking in tongues which is the initial evidence of baptism in the Holy Spirit.

We believe that God has individually equipped us so that we can successfully achieve His purpose for our lives which is to worship God, fulfil our role in the Church and serve the community in which we live.

We believe that God wants to heal and transform us so that we can live healthy and prosperous lives in order to help others more effectively.

We believe that our eternal destination of either Heaven or hell is determined by our response to the Lord Jesus Christ.

We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is coming back again as He promised.:)

whozB4U

Joannicius said:
Welcome..........the years that aren't recorded in the scriptures He was, as God, being anonomous as He seems in many ways today..........I know it's not an answer, I just had to throw in my two cents worth because I have no idea!!!
U r not alone on this one Joannicius. I dont have a clue either but thanks for ur two cents.......LOL.