• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The truth about Satanism

IndigoChild

Bennettresearch said:
Hi Indigo,

What? Is this the reformation of the Satanic Church? LaVey only pretended to sacrifice, the actual shedding of blood never happened. Likewise with Crowley. But as far as this doctrine you have posted, why call it Satanism, and why the need for some kind of new religion? It seems to me that the Pagans and the Wicca have already broken this ground. Sure I am a Chrisitian, but that doesn't mean that I don't understand alternative religions or why they would want to rebel against Christianity. It is only because of a dogmatic church that Christianity gained all of its flaws.

Kind of intersting but to me this is all far fetched. i don't think that Satanism has much to offer.
Satanism and paganism differ philosophically in a great many ways, I suggest you read the first few posts in this thread to see why. I for one am a Pagan/New Ager and I disagree with Satanism on several issues. So yes, Satanism does have things to offer: a different philosophy. It is more complex than a mere rebellion against Christianity.

Kat

IndigoChild

FeathersinHair said:
Hehee, a great deal of us Pagans do not think of ourselves as an alternative religion or that we're following our path to rebel against Christianity. (For example, many of the branches of our traditions were in existence before there would have been anything to 'rebel' against. :) ).
I have to disagree here. Except for scattered tribal religions around the world, Paganism as it is today is not a survivor of the past, it was recreated from scratch by Gerald Gardner, and is a combonation of historical knowledge and Freemasonry rituals.

All this said, and my credibility is that I am a Pagan. But one who is honest about the origins of our religion(s).

Kat

Fire Empire

We read LaVey's book a while ago. Interesting. By his descriptions most Christians seem to be more Satanic than they are Christian. For instance, LaVey likes the "eye for an eye" idea from the Torah (which Jesus essentially later overturned). Most of the Christians we know believe in punishing crime rather than turning a cheek to it. This is a Satanic virtue, not a Christian one.

IndigoChild

Fire Empire said:
We read LaVey's book a while ago. Interesting. By his descriptions most Christians seem to be more Satanic than they are Christian. For instance, LaVey likes the "eye for an eye" idea from the Torah (which Jesus essentially later overturned). Most of the Christians we know believe in punishing crime rather than turning a cheek to it. This is a Satanic virtue, not a Christian one.
Indeed it is.

Kat