• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The troubled sea

Sonic247

I think this is a good thing to think about in your search for peace, it has helped me to understand more about myself and the human mind in general. "Peace be multiplied unto you....

“… The wicked [are] like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt.” The Bible compares the wicked themselves to a troubled sea however wickedness starts in the heart. If you think about it having an evil mind really is like a troubled sea in many ways.
Someone once said to someone else: “Your mind is like this water, my friend, when its agitated it becomes difficult to see but if you allow it to settle, the answer becomes clear.” That someone was a voice actor playing an ancient turtle in the movie Kung Fu Panda. The one he spoke to was a overweight panda. Just as Jude has apocryphal books quoted in his writings we see again that wisdom can be found in some of the most obscure and otherwise retarded surroundings. When waters “…cast up mire and dirt.” You can not see through them. It’s quite often that our passions also make it impossible for us to see clearly. Perhaps it’s our murky anger that becomes a stumbling block to us. After all even the wise Master Splinter said, “ … anger clouds the mind.”
The sea is tossed back and forth in a storm by the wind. It doesn’t have its own will to choose a benificial direction. It is simply carried along by outside influences. This is like someone who is always coveteous of women and money. They don’t think about what is best for themselves and others. Instead they are tossed back and forth, often vilontley , by their lusts.
One quilty of water is that once it starts moving it stays in motion for a long time. Besides that it doesn’t take much to get it moving. In light of these facts it’s obvious why the troubled sea “… can’t rest.” In fact even your pulse will move the water in a glass you are holding. When your mind is focused on evil the smallest disturbance can lead to disaster. And like the waves that are constantly in motion it is hard for the wicked to calm down and have peace. Only through Jesus, the prince of peace, can waters like this be calmed. Even the sea of Galilee itself was calmed at his voice.