• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Trinity

Yes

Oh how I love the Word of God!
Read Romans 7 again. And start with verse 1. It has nothing to do with what your talking about.
Those scriptures tell us that the Old Testament is about the flesh/earthly man, and the New Testament is about the Spirit and our spirits.

You denial does not affect the truth.

Kolibri

If the person whom God loves is dead and does not know of God's love anymore, then that is keeping someone from God's love.
Your beliefs say death keeps us from God's love.

moorea944 has the right of it. Otherwise this scripture would be meaningless:
The dead do not praise Jah;
Nor do any who go down into the silence of death. (Lit., "into silence")
- Psalm 115:17

Death keeps us from loving and praising God but it does not prevent him from loving and remembering us with favor.
"On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious through the one who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus or Lord." - Romans 8:37-39
(The only thing that can separate us from God's love is walking away away from him while alive.)

"For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name by ministering and continuing to minister to the holy ones." - Hebrews 6:10

If we die, nonexistance is generally not the end. A resurrection will cause many to stand up alive again.
If a man dies, can he live again?
I will wait all the days of my compulsory service
Until my relief comes.
You will call, and I will answer you.
You will long (or "yearn.") for the work of your hands.
- Job 14:14,15

"Lazarus or friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him." - John 11:11
Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus said to them plainly: 'Lazarus has died.'" - John 11:13,14
[Jesus] cried out with a loud voice: "Lazarus, come out!" The man who had been dead came out with his feet and hands bound with wrappings, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. - John 11:43b,44a

Last edited:

moorea944

Those scriptures tell us that the Old Testament is about the flesh/earthly man, and the New Testament is about the Spirit and our spirits.

You denial does not affect the truth.
No, it doesnt. NT is also about the flesh/earthly man. God's Spirit was back in the OT too. And what do you mean about "the Spirit"? And our Spirits? Your using that word wrong.

Yes

moorea944 has the right of it. Otherwise this scripture would be meaningless:
The dead do not praise Jah;
Nor do any who go down into the silence of death. (Lit., "into silence")
- Psalm 115:17

Death keeps us from loving and praising God but it does not prevent him from loving and remembering us with favor.
"On the contrary, in all these things we are coming off completely victorious through the one who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God's love that is in Christ Jesus or Lord." - Romans 8:37-39
(The only thing that can separate us from God's love is walking away away from him while alive.)

"For God is not unrighteous so as to forget your work and the love you showed for his name by ministering and continuing to minister to the holy ones." - Hebrews 6:10

If we die, nonexistance is generally not the end. A resurrection will cause many to stand up alive again.
If a man dies, can he live again?
I will wait all the days of my compulsory service
Until my relief comes.
You will call, and I will answer you.
You will long (or "yearn.") for the work of your hands.
- Job 14:14,15

"Lazarus or friend has fallen asleep, but I am traveling there to awaken him." - John 11:11
Jesus, however, had spoken about his death. But they imagined he was speaking about taking rest in sleep. Then Jesus said to them plainly: 'Lazarus has died.'" - John 11:13,14
[Jesus] cried out with a loud voice: "Lazarus, come out!" The man who had been dead came out with his feet and hands bound with wrappings, and his face was wrapped with a cloth. - John 11:43b,44a

The Old Testament was about earthly man, and the New Testament is about spiritual man.

There are too many scriptures that tell us our spirits live on in consciousness after the death of our bodies.

Jesus says the spirit cannot be killed by man.

Paul lets us contemplate about out of body experiences.

Yes

No, it doesnt. NT is also about the flesh/earthly man.

The New Testament is about our spirits coming alive by obeying Jesus.

Our spirits come alive after we obey Jesus and we no longer live to please the flesh.

God's Spirit was back in the OT too.
That is right; however, God's Spirit did not live inside all the saved.

Do you have the Spirit of God living inside you?

And what do you mean about "the Spirit"? And our Spirits? Your using that word wrong.
The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. We also have our own spirit. We are not just flesh. We are flesh and spirit.

Kolibri

Our spirits come alive after we obey Jesus and we no longer live to please the flesh.

The Spirit of God is the Holy Spirit. We also have our own spirit. We are not just flesh. We are flesh and spirit.
start a different thread and we can discuss the scriptures you have in mind regarding Spirit.

Yes

start a different thread and we can discuss the scriptures you have in mind regarding Spirit.
What do you mean, scriptures regarding the Holy Spirit, or our spirits, or both?

Please start the thread and give me a link.

The holy spirit is the spirit Mashach the anointer by whom Yehoshua became the Messias-Christ.

willyah

Last edited:

Yes

The holy spirit is the spirit Mashach the anointer by whom Yehoshua became the Messias-Christ.

wiiyah
Jesus is the Holy Spirit, even before he was born.

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Why do the last couple pages of this thread remind me of:
"Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!"?

cataway

Luke 1:41 When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting, the baby leaped in her womb, and Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Spirit.
before you spoke of the holy spirit as being a 3'ed person , what are you now saying it is ?

(Luke 3:22 KJV) And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Jesus) , and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

If Jesus was the spirit Mashach, the one who anoints, before he was born then your saying that Jesus in Luke 3:22 anointed himself..If Jesus was the spirit Mashach before he was born why would he need to re-anoint himself-Jesus when he was about 30 years of age? There are no scriptures suggesting a double anointing of Jesus.

The Spirit Mashach anointed the man Jesus the seed of David. Jesus sprung out of Juda-Judah to be the anointed King like his Father David.

(Luke 1:32 KJV) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(2 Tim 2:8 KJV) Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:

Nowhere in Luke 1:41 does it say Jesus was the spirit Mashach before he was born or that Jesus or Mary filled Elizabeth or John Baptist with the holy spirit Mashach. It does say Elizabeth was filled with the spirit of Christ the anointing.
Elizabeth and John her son were of Israel the firstborn Son of YHWH-YaH even His Firstborn ( Exo 4:22)

(1 Pet 1:10 KJV) Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

(1 Pet 1:11 KJV) Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

John was filled by the holy Mashach spirit with the holy spirit-Christ-Messias the anointing.

(Luke 1:15 KJV) For he shall be great in the sight of YHWH-YaH, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Mashach, even from his mother's womb.

willyah

Last edited:

Yes

before you spoke of the holy spirit as being a 3'ed person , what are you now saying it is ?
I never spoke of the Holy Spirit as being the third person. That is what trinitarians say.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

There are three and the three are one and the same.

Yes

(Luke 3:22 KJV) And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him (Jesus) , and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.

If Jesus was the spirit Mashach, the one who anoints, before he was born then your saying that Jesus in Luke 3:22 anointed himself..
Jesus is God come as a Man. God did not pretend to come as a Man He really came as a Man.

If Jesus was the spirit Mashach before he was born why would he need to re-anoint himself-Jesus when he was about 30 years of age? There are no scriptures suggesting a double anointing of Jesus.
Who said there was a double anointing?

The Spirit Mashach anointed the man Jesus who sprung out of Juda to be the anointed King like his Father seed David.
Jesus had no biological earthly father.

(Luke 1:32 KJV) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:
(2 Tim 2:8 KJV) Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
As to Jesus' earthly side he is a descendant of David.

Romans 1:3 regarding his Son, who as to his earthly life was a descendant of David,

Nowhere in Luke 1:41 does it say Jesus was the spirit Mashach before he was born or that Jesus or Mary filled Elizabeth or John Baptist with the holy spirit Mashach. It does say Elizabeth was filled with the spirit of Christ the anointing.

John says that Jesus is the one who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.

Matthew 3:11 "I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me comes one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire.

Elizabeth and John her son were of Israel the firstborn Son of YHWH-YaH even His Firstborn ( Exo 4:22)

(1 Pet 1:10 KJV) Of which salvation the prophets have inquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:

(1 Pet 1:11 KJV) Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

John was filled by the holy Mashach spirit with the holy spirit-Christ-Messias the anointing.

(Luke 1:15 KJV) For he shall be great in the sight of YHWH-YaH, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Mashach, even from his mother's womb.

willyah
I do not know what you are trying to say with all that.

pearl

Yes, it's a great verse. I like it too. People read too much into the Trinity. It exists because we make it exist. When it is Mercy that we seek from God, the last characteristic of God we desire to invoke is the Justice of God. If it is the Power of God that we seek, it does us little good to think of the man Jesus aspect of God hanging on a cross, or rotting in a tomb, without also realizing that that dead man was God, and in those cold dead hands He still held the power of God.

2Cor 13:13; The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all." And yes, there is much to much read into the Trinity, time to go back to the basics.

"With this blessing, originally spoken in the first century and still recited at liturgical gatherings in the twenty first, Christians signal a particular understanding of the living God. If one too this blessing literally, its triadic structure might lead to the idea that Christian fait departs from monotheism. Such, however is a mistaken
impression. Christians do not believe in three Gods but in one. What is particular to this faith is the belief that this one God has graciously reached out to the world in love in the person of Jesus Christ in order to heal, redeem, and liberate-in a word, to save.
The experience of salvation coming from God through Jesus in the power of the Spirit sets up such a powerful encounter with the Holy that is requires a new language. This language is Trinitarian. Far from being a definition or a description, Trinitarian language is an interpretation of who God is in the light of the glad tidings of salvation. It lifts up God's gracious ways active in the world through Jesus Christ and the Spirit, and finds there the fundamental revelation about God's own being as a self-giving communion
of love. .....the point of Trinitarian language is to acclaim the living God as the mystery of salvation. Whether found in scripture, creed, liturgy, doctrine, or theology, it is Christian code tapping out the belief that the living God made known through Jesus and the Spirit is dynamic Love encompassing the universe who acts to save." Elizabeth Johnson, 'Quest For the Living God'.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I never spoke of the Holy Spirit as being the third person. That is what trinitarians say.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God the Father. Jesus is the Holy Spirit.

There are three and the three are one and the same.
Modalism is a heresy.

cataway

are the angels holy spirits to ? just how many angels are there ?