• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Theology of Narnia

curtisloew

We all know that Narnia, specifically 'The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe' holds particular biblical allegories. Aslan is God/Jesus and Edmund represents the sins of the world, for example, but here I think is a good place to discuss ALL the possible theological outlooks in CS Lewis' Narnia novels

A

angellous_evangellous

haha ... good luck.

I have been meditating on Lewis' description of sin in the Lion, Witch, and Wardrobe.

The children appear in a land of eternal winter with no Christmas, and Santa gives them weapons instead of toys. What a tragic depiction of Christianity in Europe, living still under the death of WWI and WWII.

FFH

Veteran Member
The witch represents Satan, of course, who entices us with the pleasures of this world, but who in the end can offer us only imprisonment in hell, bound by our own sins (lust, greed, pride, etc.), the one who exercises the power of death over our physical bodies.

I will be renting the next film in the series this week. I may comment more later on this.

The wardrobe is the doorway into the spirit realm, where we see what is really going on behind the scenes of this natual world.

There is a struggle for our souls, pulling us from two different directions, Heaven and Hell.

Last edited:
Oh yes, good one.
And the Witch as Satan, tempting him to eat the turkish delight. Alternative to apple.
Heh. So who is Tumnus representing?