• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Strong Delusion

sincerly

Hi sincerly, I'm sorry, you have mankind consigning or shutting up themselves to disobedience by your explanation. It's just the opposite, for as when Paul says that ALL were shut up or consigned to disobedience, that ALL included Adam and Eve, and it was Elohim who did the consigning or shutting up to disobedience. Even your Scripture to prove your point states it is the FLESH which places us at enmity against Elohim. Adam and Eve DID NOT create themselves FLESH, rather, it was the Creator who has a plan to expose us to evil (our flesh) so that we could learn to overcome it.

Ken, we are housed in a "fleshly temple/trabernacle". "flesh" isn't the problem. The Problem is in the disobedience to the laws of GOD rather than in the "Love " seen in the Love to GOD and the Love to one's neighbor. This "fleshly temple" is the Temple of the Holy Spirit---as HE resides within the Believer.
Yes, when one gives control of the body to the "lust of the eyes, lusts of the flesh, and the pride of life", then the "flesh" will have an adulterous relationship with Evil.

However, it was never GOD'S WILL for mankind to rebel against HIM as did a third of the Angels. Mankind was created "very good". No flaws which needed to be corrected.
It was only when mankind sinned that Redemption became necessary---and the Plan for that Redeeming/salvation was in place "before the foundation of the world".

Here are a number of Scriptures which show your redemption is a redemption FROM committing sin, and you MUST turn FROM that sin and no longer follow after how Elohim created you, but rather purify yourself, as He is pure, and PROVE yourself to be a DOER of His Word:

Tit 2:14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Acts 3:26 Unto you first Elohim, having raised up his Son Yeshua, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of Elohim doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of Elohim.

Rom 6:1-2 1 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2 Elohim forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?

1Jn 3:3 And every man that hath this hope in Him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

Jas 1:21-22 21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. 22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves.

Do you see any of this sincerly? KB

Ken, the scriptures are true, but your accessment of their meaning is erroneous.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
we are housed in a "fleshly temple/trabernacle". "flesh" isn't the problem. The Problem is in the disobedience to the laws of GOD rather than in the "Love " seen in the Love to GOD and the Love to one's neighbor. This "fleshly temple" is the Temple of the Holy Spirit---as HE resides within the Believer.
Yes, when one gives control of the body to the "lust of the eyes, lusts of the flesh, and the pride of life", then the "flesh" will have an adulterous relationship with Evil.

However, it was never GOD'S WILL for mankind to rebel against HIM as did a third of the Angels. Mankind was created "very good". No flaws which needed to be corrected.
It was only when mankind sinned that Redemption became necessary---and the Plan for that Redeeming/salvation was in place "before the foundation of the world".

the scriptures are true, but your accessment of their meaning is erroneous.

Man was not created perfect.
The Carpenter did say...'BE thou perfect....as is your Father'

Perfection is not actually possible in body.
Perfection compared to the Spirit is not possible.

Flawed?...yes we are.
It's the effort to side step our flaws that makes us worth while.

Ken Brown

Ken, we are housed in a "fleshly temple/trabernacle". "flesh" isn't the problem. The Problem is in the disobedience to the laws of GOD rather than in the "Love " seen in the Love to GOD and the Love to one's neighbor. This "fleshly temple" is the Temple of the Holy Spirit---as HE resides within the Believer.

Ken, the scriptures are true, but your accessment of their meaning is erroneous.

Hi sincerly, Adam and Eve were created Naked Flesh, and they felt no shame, but as soon as the command came, desire/lust was aroused by that command given to their naked flesh, and they sinned. Paul explains it very well here:

Rom 7:8-11 8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead. 9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.

Please sincerly, apply Paul's logic to Adam and Eve. Their naked flesh, could not and would not conform to obedience because they were given a command. You give naked flesh a command, and sin WILL spring to life, and produce death. Adam and Eve, ONCE they sinned, REALIZED they were naked. They didn't BECOME naked, they WERE naked flesh and it took sinning for them to realize it. And nakedness is symbolic of sinfulness, and this is HOW Adam and Eve were created. KB

CG Didymus

Veteran Member
The Problem is in the disobedience to the laws of GOD..
What are the Laws of God according to Jesus?
No flaws? Yet, they sinned? When they sinned redemption became, at that moment, necessary? But the plan for redemption was in place before the world was created? Sounds like he knew all along that they would mess up, so he made his plan ready. And somehow, that is not a design flaw?

sincerly

Man was not created perfect.
The Carpenter did say...'BE thou perfect....as is your Father'

Hi Thief, Mankind was created in the image of his Creator.
Yes, THE CARPENTER did say, Matt.5:48, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Perfection is not actually possible in body.
Perfection compared to the Spirit is not possible.

Prefection as the CARPENTER discribed in that parable Mark4:26-29 is possible when seen in connection/(light of) to John 3:16.
Add to that Heb.12:1 "the putting away that little sin which so easily besets one".
No one has to sin--it is a choice--determined action. and when one's confession and repentance and submission leads to the "blotting out" of sins/mistakes/flaws then one stands before GOD as flawless as the Blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse one.

One is no longer "carnal", but "spiritual".

Flawed?...yes we are.
It's the effort to side step our flaws that makes us worth while.

The "effort" is in the promised sacrifice of Jesus Christ, not in mankind's "side-stepping" the issue which caused the problem---Sin=Death.

sincerly

Hi sincerly, Adam and Eve were created Naked Flesh, and they felt no shame, but as soon as the command came, desire/lust was aroused by that command given to their naked flesh, and they sinned. Paul explains it very well here:

Rom 7:8-11 8 But sin, taking opportunity through the commandment, produced in me coveting of every kind; for apart from the Law sin is dead. 9 I was once alive apart from the Law; but when the commandment came, sin became alive and I died; 10 and this commandment, which was to result in life, proved to result in death for me; 11 for sin, taking an opportunity through the commandment, deceived me and through it killed me.

Please sincerly, apply Paul's logic to Adam and Eve. Their naked flesh, could not and would not conform to obedience because they were given a command. You give naked flesh a command, and sin WILL spring to life, and produce death. Adam and Eve, ONCE they sinned, REALIZED they were naked. They didn't BECOME naked, they WERE naked flesh and it took sinning for them to realize it. And nakedness is symbolic of sinfulness, and this is HOW Adam and Eve were created. KB

Erroneous logic and use of Rom.7:8-11.
The command was given prior to their choice. They did not have to choose to disobey. You are saying that it was manditory---that GOD ordained their disobedience----that is contrary to GOD'S LOVE. and Scripture says GOD does not tempt any person to disobey. James 1:13-15.

sincerly

What are the Laws of God according to Jesus?

When GOD lead the Israelites and the mixed multitude to Mt. Sinai, GOD wrote on stone tablets and told Moses towrite other laws by which Mankind was to have a right relationship with GOD and with his fellow man. Those Jesus said HE didn't come to destroy but to fulfill. Much of those laws had to do with the divine services of the sanctuary/sacrifices whid pointed to Jesus Christ as that propitiating/redeeming sacrifice.(Ordained prior to the foundation of the world)

No flaws? Yet, they sinned? When they sinned redemption became, at that moment, necessary? But the plan for redemption was in place before the world was created? Sounds like he knew all along that they would mess up, so he made his plan ready. And somehow, that is not a design flaw?

CG D, A choice isn't a flaw. God didn't make robots. The action to disobey was an intellectual decision.
So was it when the Angels chose to rebel in heaven prior to the creation of this world.---and they are awaiting the outcome of the choices made by mankind(at the end of earth's history) to receive their "reward". Rev.20:10-15

Ken Brown

Erroneous logic and use of Rom.7:8-11.
The command was given prior to their choice. They did not have to choose to disobey. You are saying that it was manditory---that GOD ordained their disobedience----that is contrary to GOD'S LOVE. and Scripture says GOD does not tempt any person to disobey. James 1:13-15.

Hi sincerly, if you will listen to James, he speaks of the "spirit" that was breathed into Adam and Eve:

Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

You can see that "spirit" at work here:

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

And were you aware that sinful man IS currently the "image" and "glory" of Elohim:

1Cor 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to have his head covered, because he IS the image and glory of Elohim, but the woman is the glory of the man.

Adam and Eve were created with the same spirit and lust as the rest of mankind, it was planned that way by Elohim so that we could be given opportunity to come to a knowledge of good AND evil, and then CHOOSE the good. KB

sincerly

Hi sincerly, if you will listen to James, he speaks of the "spirit" that was breathed into Adam and Eve:

Jas 4:5 Do ye think that the scripture saith in vain, The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy?

You can see that "spirit" at work here:

Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

Hi Ken, In James4:4,"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. "
Therefore, What "spirit" is the context expressing in that "truth" ??? NOT the Holy Spirit as you insinuate, but the same "spirit" which beguiled Eve.

And were you aware that sinful man IS currently the "image" and "glory" of Elohim:

1Cor 11:7 For a man indeed ought not to have his head covered, because he IS the image and glory of Elohim, but the woman is the glory of the man.

Adam and Eve were created with the same spirit and lust as the rest of mankind, it was planned that way by Elohim so that we could be given opportunity to come to a knowledge of good AND evil, and then CHOOSE the good. KB

Ken, these spoken of were Believers in the context of Paul's message.
God never planned for there to be any disobedience. Nor is it mandatory to SIN so that one would choose the "good". That is false reasoning.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Yes, THE CARPENTER did say, Matt.5:48, "Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect."

Prefection as the CARPENTER discribed in that parable Mark4:26-29 is possible when seen in connection/(light of) to John 3:16.
Add to that Heb.12:1 "the putting away that little sin which so easily besets one".
No one has to sin--it is a choice--determined action. and when one's confession and repentance and submission leads to the "blotting out" of sins/mistakes/flaws then one stands before GOD as flawless as the Blood of Jesus Christ can cleanse one.

The "effort" is in the promised sacrifice of Jesus Christ, not in mankind's "side-stepping" the issue which caused the problem---Sin=Death.

I don't believe the death of one Man so long ago removes my 'sin'.
I believe His instruction (the parables)...His Life....was the act of cleansing.

Perfection (and damnation) is found in what we say and what we do.
Good luck with that.

In the mean time....if we share the 'blood'....it is that we share the Father.
Children of God are we?

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly

I don't believe the death of one Man so long ago removes my 'sin'.
I believe His instruction (the parables)...His Life....was the act of cleansing.

Perfection (and damnation) is found in what we say and what we do.
Good luck with that.

In the mean time....if we share the 'blood'....it is that we share the Father.
Children of God are we?

Of course, one can believe anything that pleases one; but since one is examining the Bible/the instructions given to mankind by the Creator GOD, then it is what is written in those pages which determines what is doing the cleansing/blotting out of one's transgressions.
That was seen in John 3:16(as shown above). and also, in Lev.17:11. It is Blood that "atones" for sins---one's own or that of a substitute (and only that of Christ Jesus can fulfill the requirement).

True. One's actions/decisions determine the "reward".

Since GOD Created all things, including mankind, all are HIS Children. As you posted, and Scriptures confirm, Perfection(obey and live) or Damnation(disobey and die).

Last edited:

Ken Brown

Hi Ken, In James4:4,"Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God. "
Therefore, What "spirit" is the context expressing in that "truth" ??? NOT the Holy Spirit as you insinuate, but the same "spirit" which beguiled Eve.

God never planned for there to be any disobedience. Nor is it mandatory to SIN so that one would choose the "good". That is false reasoning.

Hi sincerly, how do you interpret the following Scriptures:

Amos 4:13 For, lo, he that forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares unto man what is his thought, that makes the morning darkness, and treads upon the high places of the earth, Yahweh, The Elohim of hosts, is his name.

Gen 6:5 And Elohim saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I Yahweh do all these things.

KB

sincerly

Hi sincerly, how do you interpret the following Scriptures:

Amos 4:13 For, lo, he that forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares unto man what is his thought, that makes the morning darkness, and treads upon the high places of the earth, Yahweh, The Elohim of hosts, is his name.

Gen 6:5 And Elohim saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I Yahweh do all these things.

KB

Ken, the context of those verses reveal the "interpretation" along with the actions of the people.
Rebellious/wicked actions bring the stated consequences. The Loving Father sent the prophets with messages of love and hope, but one sees from the actions of the people that evil /wickedness brings the reported actions. Repentance was the stated way of escape. but a adamant/rebellious heart(well known to GOD reaps the consequences stated.
The evil is in defiant actions of the Rebellious one who knows to do good ( Righteousness, but refuses) rather than in Withholding freely given blessings of love in an effort for the unrepentant to see their erroneous ways and repent.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly ... the context of those verses reveal the "interpretation"

Can I quote you on that? There's a few people in another thread that would love to hear you say that.

I have said that on the other thread and showed where and why it was so.
I see where you are still doubting ----or is it " the strong delusion"?

Ken Brown

Ken, the context of those verses reveal the "interpretation" along with the actions of the people.
Rebellious/wicked actions bring the stated consequences. The Loving Father sent the prophets with messages of love and hope, but one sees from the actions of the people that evil /wickedness brings the reported actions. Repentance was the stated way of escape. but a adamant/rebellious heart(well known to GOD reaps the consequences stated.
The evil is in defiant actions of the Rebellious one who knows to do good ( Righteousness, but refuses) rather than in Withholding freely given blessings of love in an effort for the unrepentant to see their erroneous ways and repent.
Hi sincerly, well, I guess we will just have to disagree on what we each think Elohim was up to when He created Adam and Eve "naked flesh." But one thing for sure, your way shows Elohim being about as incompentent as our current administration (starting a plan that couldn't be implemented because of incompetence in having the wrong people in at the beginning).

I would also like to point out to you that your belief system can be compared to the jungle natives who throw a virgin down into the molten lava so their Volcano diety's justice system would be satisfied. I'm sure you would consider those natives to be under a strong delusion to possibly think that their god would require an innocent virgin to be sacrificed in their place. Sincerly, whenever you start to look at your beliefs as being like the jungle natives, then you might want to reconsider.

The Messiah said to "let the reader understand" concerning the Abomination which causes desolation, when it would be lifted up and made to stand where it ought not. Yeshua's suffering, and death IS the Abomination which causes desolation, in that ALL died when He died, and WHEN you see this, YOU are to FLEE to the mountains of Righteousness. Sincerly when you start to "understand" concerning Yeshua being "lifted up," and made to "stand" where He ought not, then you will no longer look at the shedding of His Innocent Blood as something which was good and pleasing to Elohim. The horror of what we made Him go through should TURN us from our iniquity, when we see this Abomination. Think about these things sincerly, for they are very true. KB

sincerly

Hi sincerly, well, I guess we will just have to disagree on what we each think Elohim was up to when He created Adam and Eve "naked flesh." But one thing for sure, your way shows Elohim being about as incompentent as our current administration (starting a plan that couldn't be implemented because of incompetence in having the wrong people in at the beginning).

God the Father sent HIS SON to obtain that which it was/is impossible for sinners to accomplish ---the payment of a justified death penalty. (All are Sinners) John 3:16.
Heb.10:1-)18-22, "Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

Last edited:

Ken Brown

God the Father sent HIS SON to obtain that which it was/is impossible for sinners to accomplish ---the payment of a justified death penalty. (All are Sinners) John 3:16.
Heb.10:1-)18-22, "Now where remission of these [is, there is] no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; And having an high priest over the house of God; Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water."

Hi sincerly, yes, that is the whole point...your active life of sinning must go into REMISSION, and when YOU do that, there is no more need to offer something that would STOP you from your sinning. Now, you LIFTED Yeshua up, and placed Him where He ought not to be placed, BY SINNING, and that is WHY you need for your sin to go INTO remission, so that you can be washed and purified by His blood which you have shed, and then no longer place Him up there (stop sinning). Make no mistake, when a sinner comes to the knowledge of the truth concerning WHAT their sin did to Him, that sinner MUST flee from their sin, and love the Truth of that turning from sin. And once a sinner flees/turns from their sin, NONE of their former sins will be remembered against them (Ezek 18), and then, the Volcano god syndrome (substitutionalism) can be exposed to them, as The Strong Delusion. KB

sincerly

Hi Ken, God the Father sent HIS SON to obtain that which it was/is impossible for sinners to accomplish ---the payment of a justified death penalty. (All are Sinners) John 3:16.

Hi sincerly, yes, that is the whole point...your active life of sinning must go into REMISSION, and when YOU do that, there is no more need to offer something that would STOP you from your sinning. Now, you LIFTED Yeshua up, and placed Him where He ought not to be placed, BY SINNING, and that is WHY you need for your sin to go INTO remission, so that you can be washed and purified by His blood which you have shed, and then no longer place Him up there (stop sinning). Make no mistake, when a sinner comes to the knowledge of the truth concerning WHAT their sin did to Him, that sinner MUST flee from their sin, and love the Truth of that turning from sin. And once a sinner flees/turns from their sin, NONE of their former sins will be remembered against them (Ezek 18), and then, the Volcano god syndrome (substitutionalism) can be exposed to them, as The Strong Delusion. KB

My acknowledgment that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as those above verses show blots out my penalty which labeled me as a Sinner. My confession of the righteousness of the Law for placing me "guilty of the death penalty" and my Repentance from those "coveted sinful pleasures" allowed the Father to accept the loving freely sacrifice of HIS Son in my place upon that cross. Therefore, since Jesus Christ freed me from the penalty of death, by HIS Substitutionary death for me, I Graciously and lovingly submit my will to do the will of the Father.

It is your understanding which has been surrendered to the "strong delusion" as is seen in your manipulations of those Scriptures.

Ken Brown

Hi Ken, God the Father sent HIS SON to obtain that which it was/is impossible for sinners to accomplish ---the payment of a justified death penalty. (All are Sinners) John 3:16.

My acknowledgment that the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as those above verses show blots out my penalty which labeled me as a Sinner. My confession of the righteousness of the Law for placing me "guilty of the death penalty" and my Repentance from those "coveted sinful pleasures" allowed the Father to accept the loving freely sacrifice of HIS Son in my place upon that cross. Therefore, since Jesus Christ freed me from the penalty of death, by HIS Substitutionary death for me, I Graciously and lovingly submit my will to do the will of the Father.

It is your understanding which has been surrendered to the "strong delusion" as is seen in your manipulations of those Scriptures.

Hi sincerly, can't you start to "see" it? That Elohim SOLD mankind INTO the slavery of fleshly sin, the manner or type of sin that ALL will be forgiven for (Matt 12:31), so that He could REDEEM us OUT from that slavery, and TRULY turn us to become slaves or servants of His Righteousness, so that He could KEEP us throughout all of eternity from sinning AGAINST His Spirit? Our redemption is THROUGH the Power of the Cross, as through Yeshua's suffering, death, burial, and third day resurrection as WRITTEN by Moses in Numbers 19. Numbers 19 teaches us that on the third and seventh days, the unclean are to be sprinkled with the Ashes of the Red Heifer. The third day sprinkling has occurred, and the seventh day sprinkling is at the door step. Please accept YOUR complicity and fault in condemning and slaying the Righteous One (James 5:6). Be sprinkled and then WASH/Be Baptized (Num 19:19). KB

P.S. sincerly, why is it that traditional christianity knows little to nothing about Numbers 19?