• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Soul, the Aeolian Body, Death, the Mistranslation of the Word Spirit, and Wind of God

The word “spirit” does not exist in the original Greek and Hebrew manuscripts, therefore it should no longer be used, because “spirit” does not exist, the correct word to use is “breath” or “wind”, for that is what the authors of the scriptures intended to convey with what gives man life, which is moving air, which is our breath, and the form angels transform into, which is wind, which is invisible to the eye, which is called an aeolian body, which is a body of wind, for angels are able to transform into different forms from their form of flesh and bones, which is the body of a man, where aside from transforming into an aeolian body, they are also able to transform into a form of fire, which is a pyronian body, which is the form Moses saw the angel that appeared to him in a burn burning bush, which corresponds with “he makes his angels winds, and his servants flames of fire”, for unlike the bodies of man that come from Adam, angels possess bodies of power, able to transform into different forms. And when an angel takes this form of wind, then he is called “set-apart wind”, which is erroneously translated as “holy spirit”, for a wind that is set-apart is referring to a body of wind in which an angel of God exists in, which is how it is set apart from other ordinary winds.

Read the full study here The Soul, the Aeolian Body, Death, the Mistranslation of the Word Spirit, the Identity of the Wind of God | Wisdom of God .

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Yes and no:

Definition
  1. the third person of the triune God, the Holy Spirit, coequal, coeternal with the Father and the Son
    1. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his personality and character (the \\Holy\\ Spirit)
    2. sometimes referred to in a way which emphasises his work and power (the Spirit of \\Truth\\)
    3. never referred to as a depersonalised force
  2. the spirit, i.e. the vital principal by which the body is animated
    1. the rational spirit, the power by which the human being feels, thinks, decides
    2. the soul
  3. a spirit, i.e. a simple essence, devoid of all or at least all grosser matter, and possessed of the power of knowing, desiring, deciding, and acting
    1. a life giving spirit
    2. a human soul that has left the body
    3. a spirit higher than man but lower than God, i.e. an angel
      1. used of demons, or evil spirits, who were conceived as inhabiting the bodies of men
      2. the spiritual nature of Christ, higher than the highest angels and equal to God, the divine nature of Christ
  4. the disposition or influence which fills and governs the soul of any one
    1. the efficient source of any power, affection, emotion, desire, etc.
  5. a movement of air (a gentle blast)
    1. of the wind, hence the wind itself
    2. breath of nostrils or mouth

Pneuma - New Testament Greek Lexicon - King James Version

Merriam-Webster:
    Definition of pneuma
    : soul, spirit

Many words have more than one meaning.

Kenny

Premium Member
No. Everything you said is incorrect. We are body, breath, and soul. There is no "spirit", for the original word translated as spirit means "breath", "wind". The mind pertains to the body, not the soul, for it is the body that has the brain, where thought happens, through which the soul thinks, sees, and hears using the parts of the body. Without the body, the soul cannot think, see, and hear, hence why it sleeps when you die. The body is given life by the breath, hence "body, breath, and soul". There is no such thing as spirit, it is a philosophy contrary to what the authors intended to convey with the original words, "wind", "breath".
I'm just quoting Strong, who knew Greek and Hebrew, and Merriam Webster.

Please fill free to bring your complaint to the two supportive documentation.

And your "sleep" isn't supported by scripture. Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Sleeping people don't talk.

I'm just quoting Strong, who knew Greek and Hebrew, and Merriam Webster.

Please fill free to bring your complaint to the two supportive documentation.

And your "sleep" isn't supported by scripture. Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Sleeping people don't talk.

Do dragons with seven heads also also exist?

Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. (Revelation 12:3 [NIV])

Revelation was not written literally, it was written figuratively, which does not contradict in what state the Messiah and the apostles said that the dead are, "sleeping",

He said, “Leave; for the girl has not died, but is asleep.” And they began laughing at Him. (Matthew 9:24 [NIV])

After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 15:6 [NIV])

Believe the scriptures, the dead are "sleeping", and stop believing the lies you have been taught.

Kenny

Premium Member
Do dragons with seven heads also also exist?

Then another sign appeared in heaven: an enormous red dragon with seven heads and ten horns and seven crowns on its heads. (Revelation 12:3 [NIV])

Revelation was not written literally, it was written figuratively, which does not contradict in what state the Messiah and the apostles said that the dead are, "sleeping",

He said, “Leave; for the girl has not died, but is asleep.” And they began laughing at Him. (Matthew 9:24 [NIV])

After that, he appeared to more than five hundred of the brothers and sisters at the same time, most of whom are still living, though some have fallen asleep. (1 Corinthians 15:6 [NIV])

Believe the scriptures, the dead are "sleeping", and stop believing the lies you have been taught.
fortunately - that isn't the only scripture, not to mention it isn't all figurative... did God "Wake up" Elijah and Moses to talk to Jesus? God is the God of the living and not of the sleeping.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

So your point is quite mute.

fortunately - that isn't the only scripture, not to mention it isn't all figurative... did God "Wake up" Elijah and Moses to talk to Jesus? God is the God of the living and not of the sleeping.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

So your point is quite mute.

The transfiguration was a vision, not literal, hence,

And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, “Tell no one the vision, until the Son of Man is raised from the dead.” (Matthew 17:9 [ESV])

Similar to the visions John saw when he authored the book of Revelations, which is a book of visions,

On the Lord's Day I was in the wind, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, (Revelation 1:10 [NIV])

Which are visions you take literally, contrary to other scriptures that tell us what the state of the dead are, "sleeping". You know nothing, and what makes it worse is that you're stubborn, you don't want to stop believing the lies you believe.

Kenny

Premium Member
The transfiguration was a vision, not literal, hence,

And as they were coming down the mountain, Jesus commanded them, “Tell no one the vision, until the Son of Man is raised from the dead.” (Matthew 17:9 [ESV])

Similar to the visions John saw when he authored the book of Revelations, which is a book of visions,

On the Lord's Day I was in the wind, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, which said: "Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia and Laodicea." I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, (Revelation 1:10 [NIV])

Which are visions you take literally, contrary to other scriptures that tell us what the state of the dead are, "sleeping". You know nothing, and what makes it worse is that you're stubborn, you don't want to stop believing the lies you believe.

So, when Elijah had a "vision", he really didn't go to Heaven?

And when Jesus spoke to Paul, it wasn't a literal voice?

And when the multitude sung in Heaven Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

they weren't singing? It was a "vision" (which incidentally involves eye-vision (spiritual)? It wasn't actual voices?

Sorry, no go.

Last edited:
So, when Elijah had a "vision", he really didn't go to Heaven?

And when Jesus spoke to Paul, it wasn't a literal voice?

And when the multitude sung in Heaven Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;

they weren't singing? It was a "vision"? It wasn't actual voices?

Sorry, no go.

Not all passages in scripture are figurative, and not all passages in scripture are literal. It varies, this is where "rightly dividing the word of God" comes into play. If your interpretation of one scripture contradicts other scriptures, then your interpretation is wrong. Yeshuah and the apostles said the state of the dead is "sleep", therefore any interpretation of other passages that contradict this are in error. I have already pointed out two instances where you have taken a vision in a book of visions, namely the book of Revelation, literally, and also taken a vision of the transfiguration, also literally, in contradiction to what Yeshuah and the apostles and even the prophets told us what the state of the dead is, "sleep", unaware, not able to see, not able to think, because these souls no longer have bodies through which sight and thought happens, through the eyeballs and the brain of the body. You're in error, accept it, believe what I am telling you, and then we can move on to more interesting conversation, for there is much to learn. You prevent yourself from attaining higher knowledge by believing silly philosophies of the state of the dead being floating phantasms.

Kenny

Premium Member
Not all passages in scripture are figurative, and not all passages in scripture are literal. It varies, this is where "rightly dividing the word of God" comes into play. If your interpretation of one scripture contradicts other scriptures, then your interpretation is wrong. Yeshuah and the apostles said the state of the dead is "sleep", therefore any interpretation of other passages that contradict this are in error.
That's why I quoted the scriptures... to show your errors. Don't take "breath" so literal.

I have already pointed out two instances where you have taken a vision in a book of visions, namely the book of Revelation, literally, and also taken a vision of the transfiguration, also literally, in contradiction to what Yeshuah and the apostles and even the prophets told us what the state of the dead is, "sleep", unaware, not able to see, not able to think, because these souls no longer have bodies through which sight and thought happens, through the eyeballs and the brain of the body.
I also pointed out two errors that show that they are very much aware and know what is happening because the spirit and the soul are eternal therefore continue even after death.

You prevent yourself from attaining higher knowledge by believing silly philosophies of the state of the dead being floating phantasms.
:) I was about to say the same thing to you. :D

danieldemol

Premium Member
As a liberal, I believe the Bible contradicts itself, for example it says in John 3:15 "That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." If this were referring to the human body the author of this text would be a liar, for all physical bodies perish. It is only when iterpreted as referring to the immortal soul that this verse makes any sense whatsoever.

Kind regards,
Dan :)

As a liberal, I believe the Bible contradicts itself, for example it says in John 3:15 "That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life." If this were referring to the human body the author of this text would be a liar, for all physical bodies perish. It is only when iterpreted as referring to the immortal soul that this verse makes any sense whatsoever.

Kind regards,
Dan :)

It does indeed refer to the soul, not because the soul is "immortal", but because the soul will not be destroyed in Gehenna, but will be given a new body, and thus, "will not perish". The souls that are thrown into Gehenna will cease to exist, hence "destroyed".

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
***Mod: No correcting others in the Dir. Please take it outside to a debate area. ***

10. Debating in Non-debate Forums or Posting in DIR/ONLY Forums
Religious forums is structured to provide spaces for many different kinds of conversations. Different kinds of conversations belong in different areas of the forum:

1) Debates should be kept to the debate areas of the forums, including Religious Debates, General Debates, and Political Debates. Debating anywhere other than these forums may result in moderation. Same Faith Debates is governed by special rules described here. Only members of the specified groups(s) can participate in these threads.

2) All DIR (Discuss Individual Religions) forums are for the use of members who identify with those groups or practices. Debating is not permitted in DIRs; debates between members of specified groups should be posted in Same Faith Debates. Members who do not identify with a DIR group may only post respectful questions; we recommend creating a thread in the Religions Q&A instead where there is more freedom to comment. DIR forums are not to be used as a cover to bash others outside of the DIR group.

3) The Political World forum has several "only" subforums that are for the use of members who identify with those political leanings. Members who do not identify with those political leanings are not allowed to post there. The staff more strictly moderate Rule 10 violations where there is some other rule violation involved, such as preaching in a DIR or trolling a political forum a member doesn't belong to. More benign violations may be subject to informal reminders or moving threads to the appropriate location.