• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The sin of anger

No*s

Captain Obvious
Linus said:
Are you saying that anger in itself is a sin? If this is the case then I must disagree. I will agree that some forms of anger are useless and wrong. But I think it is good that we get angry at certain things. How can we not get angry when we see sin in the world? Jesus Himself got angry at the moneychangers in the temple. I always think of this passage when I think of anger.

Ephensians 4:26 - Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger,

I think it is ok to get angry for the right reasons, but if that anger gets in the way of your spirituality and causes you to sin, then get over it.

You're right...there is a time for anger, but how often does it come along that anger isn't a point of self-edification at the expense of others? Most of the time anger harms us and other people. It hurts the soul, it hurts other people's soul, and so on. There are times for it, but generally, the peaceful heart is most reflective of God, and the fruits of the Spirit indicate this :).

I don't think we're too different on this. I just probably come down on anger harder.

GHSSOCCER07

Well it says that god will do what he wants to do...but how can this be true when he sends people to hell??? Does that mean hes not completely holy?

No*s

Captain Obvious
Ah :). I see. I'll dig up a link to The River of Fire in just a second. That's a subject for another thread. I'll have it up in just a second, and I'll attempt to address your question from our perspective. It's a little beyond this thread.

Joannicius

GHSSOCCER07 said:
Well it says that god will do what he wants to do...but how can this be true when he sends people to hell??? Does that mean hes not completely holy?
As you will see, if/when you read the "River of Fire", there is a gross misconception of hell and the lake of fire and ghenna, the abys, separation etc. The "fire" is the love of God that all experience for eternity. For some it will be an unquenchable discomfort, for others, the bliss desired. Where each of us will be is God's judgement ALONE. We dare not venture there.

We must remember the words of the Lord "with men it is impossible, but with God, all things are possible"

I believe, given the right amount of sacrifice and discipline and progress in Christ, we can even turn our unrighteous anger to righteous.