• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Second Coming Of Messiah

mfjkd

Peace be upon you! :)

As you know that there are so many religions in the world. But one thing is settled that If God is one, Then definitely His religion would also be one. Like His Unity. And According to my knowledge I think Every religion believes that God is one. Christain, Hindus, Muslims. All believes that God is one. May be some religion would have the faith that God has sons. Like Bible believes that some prophets are the sons of God.

1. I will declare the degree: The LORD hath said unto me (DAVID), Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee. (PSALMS-2:7).

2. He shall build an house for for my name; and he shall be my son, and I will be his father; and I will establish the thine of his kingdom over Israel forever. (1.chronichles;22:10)].

3. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications will I lead them: I will cause them to walk by the rivers of water in a straight way, wherein they shall not stumble: for I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my first born. (JEREMIAH; 31:9)].

4. And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD , Israel is my son, even my first born. (EXODUS;4:22).

But this is not the matter of worry. Becaue these Sons of God are not physically because God has no sex. Thats why these Prophets which are called Sons of God in Bible are metaphoricaly sons of God. Not literally including Jesus. The faith of christain is now turn contradictory. Like they are still waiting for coming Jesus.

BIBLE AND THE SECOND COMING OF MESSIAH

Rex

Founder
I thought when thinking of the bible God sees us all as his children not just the prophets. He is the father, the son (Jesus), and the holy ghost.

Ardhanariswar

I'm back!
ya, hinduism does have the concept of the last messiah/ incarnation of God, we call him some name...kali something....eek, i forgot. but he comes at the Kali Yuga, the end of this age, and then he saves all the righteious and the rest burn in a holocaust of fire. He comes riding on a white horse.
hm... it could be just a story, but when another religion has the same idea, why not?

may

What​
is the meaning of Jesus’ coming "in the same manner" as he ascended to heaven?

Acts 1:9-11: "While they [Jesus’ apostles] were looking on, he was lifted up and a cloud caught him up from their vision. And as they were gazing into the sky while he was on his way, also, look! two men in white garments stood alongside them, and they said: ‘Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into the sky? This Jesus who was received up from you into the sky will come thus in the same manner as you have beheld him going into the sky.’" (Notice that this says "the same manner," not the same body. What was the "manner" of his ascent? As verse 9 shows, he disappeared from view, his departure being observed only by his disciples. The world in general was not aware of what happened. The same would be true of Christ’s return.)

Silvanus

what about pagans, polytheists, and dualists though? we certainly don't believe God is one, or religion is one...but that doesn't mean we don't have similar principles to agree upon. :)

robtex

Veteran Member
So Mfjkd am i correct in assessing your statement to say:

p1: God is genderless
p2: God is one entity. A single entity
p3: Jesus was on earth
p4: Jesus was a man.

c1: Therefore since God had no gender and is one entity Jesus could not be God?

I guess I would ask you if you feel God is omnipresent and if so could it be accurate to say

p1: God is omnipresent
p2; an omnipresent God can manefest himself in multiple places at the same time.
p3: manifestations are in the physcial

c1: Jesus was a manefestation of God on earth