• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Scientific Case Against Evolution

Fade

The Great Master Bates
Deut. 32.8 said:
A testament to conservative Christian home schooling! :biglaugh:
Surely not an "old" testament...okay I know, that's terrible. [note to self, don't quit day job]

Fade

The Great Master Bates
cmotdibbler said:
I can't give you more frubals Deut but that was funny!

:jiggy::clap
Yea, I have that problem with him too. Dammit he should get the all the frubals he deserves!! :149:

evil religion

Fade said:
Can you give me a solid example of a Scientific case against evolution?
This cuts straight to the point.
The reason why scientists that "disent" against evolution are often ridiculed is that there has yet to be a counter theory that stands up as well as evolution. They are ridiculed and dismissed simply because all their ideas are found severely wanting. As soon as an alternative explanation is put forward that stands up to scientific scrutiny then the scientist putting it forward will be taken seriously. This has not happened yet.

The problem, as I see it, that Theists have with this state of affairs is that they are guilty of judging scientists by theist standards. With religion one has a set of dogmas that can't be questioned. The church will always work to defend these dogmas and will not accept any other theories as truth, they activly work to quell any disent. Regardless of any evidence or argumnet the core dogmas are defended as the unquestionable truth. This is clearly evident from history. Countless millions have lost their lives because they questioned religious dogmas at some stage. We even have special words for the questioning of such things : heresy and blasphamy.

So against this background theists judge scientists. They see Evolution as somehow akin to the dogma God Exists or God Created Us. So they assume that evolution will be defended in a similar way too God theory. They assume that scientists will shout down and quell any heresy against evolution. This is their error. Nothing could be further from the truth. Evolution is up for question. It is testable. It is refutable. If we find one example of a fossilised remain of a complex organism where it should not be the theory is refuted. Scientists work to test this theory NOT to prove or defend it. The fact of the matter is that it has not been refuted yet. It has passed the tests. But this is NOT because scientists have worked to defend evolution it is just because no one has found any evidence agianst the theory yet (well none that stands up to scrutiny that is - there have been plenty of errors and misapplications of scientific method and indeed down right frauds). Untils such evidence is found we should continue to accept such a theory.