• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The science of gratitude

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow earthlings!

I hope you are enjoying your day so far. If not, let me know if I can do anything to help ...

Gratitude - is it one of the keys to a better life-experience?

Many experts would agree. Here is one site I found while aimlessly browsing around in cyberland just now -

Gratitude – we’re all capable of it, but sometimes we need a little reminder, or a little convincing to practice it. There are many reasons to practice gratitude, but we are only recently discovering one of the big ones – its capacity to change and strengthen the brain in remarkably positive ways.

Gratitude is powerful. It might not throw itself at our feet and demand our attention in a ‘why oh why won’t you notice me’ kind of way, but it’s powerful. Research has shown that gratitude can improve general well-being, increase resilience, strengthen social relationships, and reduce stress and depression. The more grateful people are, the greater their overall well-being and life satisfaction. They’ll also have stronger immune systems, lower blood pressure, better sleeps (and better waking). They’ll be more alert and more generous, compassionate, and happier. Grateful people also have a greater capacity for joy and positive emotions.

Read the full article -

The Science of Gratitude - How it Changes People, Relationships (and Brains!) and How to Make it Work For You - Hey Sigmund

Enjoy your day!

Last edited: