• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Satanic Force

Orias

Left Hand Path
A world evolving, a chain being broken, a conspiracy unfolding.

"Satan" or the "Opposition" is widely recognized as the Devil, the tempter of "good" people, and the scapegoat of many religious and philosophical ways of life.

So, what is "Satanic Force"?

Few know enough of Satanism to reconcile with the deviants that take on His name, even so, few care to recognize the extraordinary influence He has on the two worlds, mental and physical.

Like clockwork and a set of batteries, an Opposite direction is necessary to allow function and union.

So is Satanic force merely people doing the Devil's dirty-work, or is it the invocation of something much, much greater?

That which we beckon forth, comes like a ghost to static, whether it is recognized by the partaker or not, there will always be a choice.

Generally, people turn away from bright lights, but is this not the source of metaphorical design? Those who look into the light are blinded with gifts of "sight" by only being able to see darkness, that which is reborn. Man is faithful to his own ethics and design, but what allows this vision is not the gift of the stars or the light of the world, but the sacrifice we offer to our own Self.

So is Satanic force the battle between good and evil?

The identity of the Self, will always be a battle fought, who am I? Am I unfulfilled though I tell myself "I'm okay"? Who is God? What is God? Am I God? What if I was?

Such Aspects as these are hardly considered when attempting to remove the filth in which we suffocate ourselves with. A diminishment of our own responsibility, as we watch in content, God lose a part of Him with each verse read, as our fellowship cascades blindly into "prophetic" ablution.

What you know, is celebrated with sacrifice and thought consuming mysteria, always causing you to question truth and an everlasting insight to salvation.

So what is Satanic force?

Last edited:

DinChild

Let me ask you this question; what value is there in the finer things of life without knowledge of that which holds no value? How much more precious is life if the negative "Satanic influences" didn't exist?

As a free-thinker, I don't like pushing forward with ideas if the foundation of a concept is inherently flawed. Would I be wrong in stating the Devil's earliest introduction is as a serpent in the Garden of Eden? Or perhaps, his first "documentation" of influence. I have a problem with a benevolent being [God], who is absolutely perfect, creating a world where the Devil could infect. It's not exactly like God didn't know. Yet, he allowed it.

If you ask me, Satanism, the Devil; just cute words for the more rebellious nature of homo sapiens. Especially those existing in a civilization of morality, laws, rules, and regulations. But I'm sure you'll get more theistic responses soon enough.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Your not wrong about anything at all, Satan describes literal unified rebellion.

You see, most people possess enough knowledge of it to be able to perceive and conceptualize the symbology behind it, but instead most people use this knowledge to make them look in the other direction, "Oh they're just kids, they'll grow out of it", or "It's not worth speaking to Him when he represents my Gods sworn enemy".

Its definitely not something that should be taken lightly, but usually is. And I'm not so much pushing it forth, because I agree that it is inherently flawed to people's narrow-mindedness, and even to those who claim to have an open mind.

But a sincere setting aside of the propagandistic biases will reveal much more than what most people see as "Satan".

Theist or non-theist, such a label holds little significance to the outcome of the response, what I am hoping for is for people to take this as a sincere colloquial piece and not for the feint of heart. People must be capable and willing to accept change, mind wise and environmentally wise. This impact I am speaking of is sophisticated to the point of a molecule, some say the demiurge, which philosophically, religiously, and ontologically impacts our physical world.

Simply because they are ways for One to live their life.

Your first question I couldn't make much sense of, I don't know if there is a typo in there or whatever, but I don't seem to understand the point you're trying to get across. And I hope that isn't your bias speaking of negatives there now.

Last edited:

Yeshe Dawa

Lotus Born
Hi Orias!

I've always seen the Satanic force as that which stands in opposition to the established Way. The Satanic force is the force of individuality, the ego, "I". It is associated with the observable, physical realm. For someone who seeks to be free of ego, to see the emptiness behind the illusion of reality that is this world, and to experience Unity, this force is antithetical to such an effort. In Tara meditation, one of Tara's aspects is slayer of demons, such forces that keep us bound to this world and our own egos.

A wise friend of mine once compared the world's religions to spokes on a wheel. Each spoke starts at the rim and travels toward the center. So, even if two spokes are directly opposite each other and appear to point in opposite directions, they are still moving toward the same place.

If the Satanic path brings someone peace, alleviates their suffering and brings them happiness, and allows them to continue their spiritual journey, then this is a good path for them to follow.:flower:

Peace and blessings,
Yeshe
:flower2:

Orias

Left Hand Path
Yeshe Dawa, you are spot on. Except I would like to add that all gratifying realizations revolve around the "I" or the ego. Part of being a Satanist leads one to exemplify their ego by designing methods to reveal that even the most modest of egos still possess an ounce of desire.

Self preservation revolves around the "I", as it is the Self the carries our bodies and minds through space-time and after.

Because of the Self, freedom exists, and so does Earthly desire.

Thanks for the response, hopefully I will receive more as sincere as yours.

Best regards and Xeper.

DinChild

Let me ask you this question; what value is there in the finer things of life without knowledge of that which holds no value? How much more precious is life if the negative "Satanic influences" didn't exist?
Your first question I couldn't make much sense of, I don't know if there is a typo in there or whatever, but I don't seem to understand the point you're trying to get across. And I hope that isn't your bias speaking of negatives there now.

I was merely offering a reason for your definition of Satanic Forces. Perhaps the opposing view is made all the richer for its presence? I personally don't buy into any of it in a literal sense, but I was trying to extrapolate.

Erebus

its imagination in a weak mind set

Do you mind expanding on this? Depending on how you view adversarial perspectives this could mean anything from "It's scape-goating out of fear" To "this sounds a bit theistic and therefore stupid" ;)

Orias

Left Hand Path
I was merely offering a reason for your definition of Satanic Forces. Perhaps the opposing view is made all the richer for its presence? I personally don't buy into any of it in a literal sense, but I was trying to extrapolate.

Metaphorical design isn't usually meant to be taken literally.

its imagination in a weak mind set

Its not nice to talk about atheism that way, we all know you atheists have social and ethical problems of your own, let alone trying to blame Satanism for your own lack of imagination and emotion.

Erebus

Its not nice to talk about atheism that way, we all know you atheists have social and ethical problems of your own, let alone trying to blame Satanism for your own lack of imagination and emotion.

Now now Orias, there's a chance his point was going to be something along the lines of "Satanic force is the imaginary evil people look to persecute". This point could be backed up with events such as the witch hunts and the Satanic panic.

Of course if the point was "Whatever you're talking about is imaginary and you're stupid for believing it." It would be perfectly reasonable to ask why he doesn't believe opposition, rebellion and taboos exist ;)

Orias

Left Hand Path
I've dealt with him before, and he is pleasant enough, but I know enough of his views on such things to know that he was once a Christian who is now an atheist with Christian biases.

He should know I didn't mean anything by it, just that those of an imaginative mindset could hardly be considered "weak", simply because the entire world around us was invoked or "imagined" by us.

Anyone can disagree, but I would like to hear their explanation as to how Man came across the physical, metaphorical, mental, and manipulative devices he uses today, how man came across giving the Earth its name, or how Man invented atheism or Christianity.

These things surely don't exist because they were already here.

It just leaves me flustered to see people leave such ill thought of remarks, I know that if he truly cared about the topic he would be able to leave a sincere and inoffensive remark, but there seems a trend among atheists in this forum to do so.

And I thought I was arrogant :rolleyes:

Erebus

I've dealt with him before, and he is pleasant enough, but I know enough of his views on such things to know that he was once a Christian who is now an atheist with Christian biases.

He should know I didn't mean anything by it, just that those of an imaginative mindset could hardly be considered "weak", simply because the entire world around us was invoked or "imagined" by us.

Anyone can disagree, but I would like to hear their explanation as to how Man came across the physical, metaphorical, mental, and manipulative devices he uses today, how man came across giving the Earth its name, or how Man invented atheism or Christianity.

These things surely don't exist because they were already here.

It just leaves me flustered to see people leave such ill thought of remarks, I know that if he truly cared about the topic he would be able to leave a sincere and inoffensive remark, but there seems a trend among atheists in this forum to do so.

And I thought I was arrogant :rolleyes:

Haha! fair enough.

Like the thread btw, will definitely be keeping an eye on it :)

Orias

Left Hand Path
Haha! fair enough.

Like the thread btw, will definitely be keeping an eye on it :)

I put a lot of effort into it, but I'm afraid that I couldn't necessarily try and explain what I was thinking about at the moment.

I realize that there is few who appreciate such things though, which explains the lack of response.

Thanks for the support, like always ;)

outhouse

Atheistically
who is now an atheist with Christian biases.

I dont have christian biases, I have a much better understanding of christianity now! then I ever did as a typical christian who never stepped foot in a church other then marriage or funerals.

As far as your laughable satanic force, I find that not to exist outside of imagination.

Whatever you might have or think you might have, to me is just a mind set within the LHP followers.

Force is not the right word but carefully chosen to make it seem like some kind of mysterious power lol

If I asked for a example of satanic power, would you have one?

He should know I didn't mean anything by it

All I viewed was some poetic LHP writing I wasnt even sure if it was yours or something you read and wanted to share you thought intresting.

It just leaves me flustered to see people leave such ill thought of remarks

I find people that think there is some kind of force or power to a satanic principle to generally be weak minded. not all. Is it a stereotype, yes. Is it warranted, I believe so. Was it genralized at you, no. I would not make a personal attack and if I ment it, I would have worded around it but made it perectly clear.

Instead of just rambling about the stereotype, I see you could not give one simple example of satanic force, why? because there is no such force.

Erebus

As far as your laughable satanic force, I find that not to exist outside of imagination.

Whatever you might have or think you might have, to me is just a mind set within the LHP followers.

Force is not the right word but carefully chosen to make it seem like some kind of mysterious power lol

Instead of just rambling about the stereotype, I see you could not give one simple example of satanic force, why? because there is no such force.

Oh come on, I was trying to stick up for you before. Call it what you want, "Satanic Force", "Darkness", "Passion", "Enlightenment" or if you have no love for poetry whatsoever you can just call it "sod's law", "the **** people do", "Progression" or "greed".

Like I said before, "Of course if the point was 'Whatever you're talking about is imaginary and you're stupid for believing it.' It would be perfectly reasonable to ask why he doesn't believe opposition, rebellion and taboos exist"

You'll find very few people on the LHP are cut and dried theist. We do however see the value of using poetry, metaphor and symbolism in order to inject a little flavour into discussions about psychology, nature and society.

Anyway, to make things a little easier:

I can give several:
Ambition leading a man to succeed in life. Ruthlessness allowing somebody to become a political leader. Inspiration allowing somebody to create a work of art. Passion during hot sex.

YES! That's the point! It adds a little spice to the mundane. It uses a little imagination.

I see you could not give one simple example of satanic force, why? because there is no such force.

Don't take things so damn literally. You wouldn't read Tolkien and complain that you see no evidence of orcs anywhere, nor would you read a poet's thoughts on life and think that the use of simile and metaphor is intended to be literal. Why do the same here?
It's flowery, imaginative writing. People have done it for thousands of years, it's not about to stop now that we know about force in the Newtonian sense.

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path
I dont have christian biases, I have a much better understanding of christianity now! then I ever did as a typical christian who never stepped foot in a church other then marriage or funerals.

To have better understanding is to have stronger bias.

We all have it, but most of us are ashamed of it.

What exists outside of imagination? Lets not forget what your using to communicate, what man created from his imagination.

You know you could actually direct the parts of my post that are on topic instead of the Ones that humor you on the surface.

Force is the right word, since Opposition is a force. As I have told you, and as I say in almost every post pertaining to Satanism, Satan literally means Opposition or Adversary.

If Opposition is not a force, then death is not forceable upon us. All things Oppose, because there is a spectrum that swings from chaos to peace in an instant, and sometimes over thousands of years. Man is literally reflective of the Universe, since we literally came from it.

A star's own gravity Opposes it while allowing it to exist and ultimately ending it.

Your right, it is a mindset within some LHP practitioners, just as whatever you claim to possess is just a mindset of "atheistic" followers (which I would like to IMO that atheism is essentially LHP in terms Self expression and competence, but that is a topic/argument for another time)

I was going to wait to do that because I asked what you and the others would possibly think of as being "Satanic force".

If you want an answer, ask again, because I made it pretty obvious in all of my posts what I believe Satanic force to be, I even tried to make it obvious by describing what Satan entails.

All I viewed was some poetic LHP writing I wasnt even sure if it was yours or something you read and wanted to share you thought intresting.

Don't blame me for your inability to understand esoteric writings. Thats part of this greater understanding you claim to posses.

If you care not to decipher then you shouldn't be here. This debate was intended for on topic, serious discussion of metaphysical forethought.

I'm not expecting you to appreciate what I say, but to direct my points without trying to sidetrack me into your own spells and games.

Since its my thread, and myself in general, I have a higher power of manipulation in terms of what people react to. Of course though, some have their own agenda,

I find people that think there is some kind of force or power to a satanic principle to generally be weak minded. not all. Is it a stereotype, yes. Is it warranted, I believe so. Was it genralized at you, no.

What do you mean by the "not at all" part, it seems to be a broken sentence.

And I generally find people who have a low tolerance for understanding others to be weak minded, but what do I know I'm just a stereotyped Satanist :shrug:

I would not make a personal attack and if I ment it, I would have worded around it but made it perectly clear.

I knew it, you're drunk. Me too:drunk:

I didn't ramble about the stereotype, I merely provided guidelines as to what you (and the people who partake in the thread) could potentially explain to me what you think Satanic force is.

If I wanted to tell everybody what I thought it was at first I wouldn't of put it in the debate section of the forum.

So this last statement has no merit either ;)

Last edited:

Erebus

I put a lot of effort into it, but I'm afraid that I couldn't necessarily try and explain what I was thinking about at the moment.

I realize that there is few who appreciate such things though, which explains the lack of response.

Thanks for the support, like always ;)

No problem. The question seems somewhat open ended, but out of interest were you thinking of something along the lines of the Setian "black flame" or simply adversarial phenomena in general?

PM me if you like.

Orias

Left Hand Path
Oh come on, I was trying to stick up for you before. Call it what you want, "Satanic Force", "Darkness", "Passion", "Enlightenment" or if you have no love for poetry whatsoever you can just call it "sod's law", "the **** people do", "Progression" or "greed".

Like I said before, "Of course if the point was 'Whatever you're talking about is imaginary and you're stupid for believing it.' It would be perfectly reasonable to ask why he doesn't believe opposition, rebellion and taboos exist"

You'll find very few people on the LHP are cut and dried theist. We do however see the value of using poetry, metaphor and symbolism in order to inject a little flavour into discussions about psychology, nature and society.

Anyway, to make things a little easier:

I can give several:
Ambition leading a man to succeed in life. Ruthlessness allowing somebody to become a political leader. Inspiration allowing somebody to create a work of art. Passion during hot sex.

YES! That's the point! It adds a little spice to the mundane. It uses a little imagination.

Don't take things so damn literally. You wouldn't read Tolkien and complain that you see no evidence of orcs anywhere, nor would you read a poet's thoughts on life and think that the use of simile and metaphor is intended to be literal. Why do the same here?
It's flowery, imaginative writing. People have done it for thousands of years, it's not about to stop now that we know about force in the Newtonian sense.

Ahem, I should of just said, "Hey outhouse" read this post, before making another long and perhaps confusing post that he will just laugh at despite is lack of understanding it.

Oh well :shrug:

Orias

Left Hand Path
No problem. The question seems somewhat open ended, but out of interest were you thinking of something along the lines of the Setian "black flame" or simply adversarial phenomena in general?

PM me if you like.

I was originally thinking of the motive of Life and the desired end result, which really encompasses both insights.

DinChild

I don't know enough about your worldview to expound on anything else, but I will say that man didn't invent atheism. That would imply that man had to first invent a god, then invent the absence of god. This doesn't make sense. Those who submit the reality of a given value are the inventors.