• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Roast of the Beast: 666

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
I have had some success roasting beef in my crockpot. My most successful endeavor involved a beautifully lean hunk of meat from a fellow in a parking lot, selling beef out of the back of his truck that he had cut himself at a time during the Beef Crisis (which on our side of the US border meant a surplus of beef, and meat cutting facilities that were overwhelmed).

The roast goes into a dry crockpot, strings and all, with a quarter-inch of water. Add 6 large pieces of cut potato, 6 large pieces of cut onion, and 6 large pieces of cut turnip or other vegetable. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and cracked pepper. Cook on high for two hours.

When the roasting is done, take the meat out and wrap it in foil. Let it sit and cool about 15 minutes before cutting into it. Gather the drippings and save them in the fridge overnight, and in the morning scrape off the hardened fat. The drippings can be used for making soup stock or gravy.

DallasApple

Depends Upon My Mood..
YUMM>>>and you can do the same thing with roast PIG!! Thats right OINK OINK.. Thick cut chops dredged in seasoned flour and seared in a skillet for a couple minutes..Put them in the crockpot ..Cook on high for about 1 hour with those same veggies...(I would use broth not water)....and VOILA!!...

SNORT...or MOOO...

Love

Dallas