• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The Right VS The Left

ThirtyThree

I have always viewed the right hand path and the left hand path in terms of the pentacle and pentagram.

The pentacle has the point facing up:

pentacle_stickers-r5f2162e24c1442e9a885052278dd2783_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

1) Man becoming one with God. (Merging with God)
2) "Spiritual" having greater importance over material. (Material is often seen as an obstacle)
3) God over self.

The pentagram has the point facing down:

pentagram.jpg

1) Man becoming (or already is) a "god".
2) Importance of material over "spiritual".
3) Self over God

To apply this to my own faith:

1) I value the supernal over the material. (RHP)
2) I value the supernal I worship over myself. (RHP)
3) I seek to become as a supernal.
  • I do not seek to be equal to my deity.
  • I seek to conform to the pattern designed for me by my deity.
  • I am already an isolate being. I do not seek individuality for its own sake.

By my understanding, I am more RHP than LHP. My issue with both terms is that RHP is often used in a derogatory way, referring to all Christians (for example), as people who just follow a herd because it is there, because they were born into it or that they follow their religion for the same reason. They are likewise often painted as people who follow a religion just because they fear Hell or because they desire the reward of Heaven. It is also said often that all Christians follow their religion or their deity blindly.

I do not agree with any of the above regarding all Christians. Neither do I agree that all Christians do not think for themselves. This is the stigma I notice between those who seem to speak for the LHP and those who are on the receiving end of the accusations. While it is true some Christians do fit the stereotype, it is not true for all Christians.

In fact, the same stereotype can be applied to many who claim they are LHP. There are some in the LHP who follow something just because it seems hetrodox to what is socially, morally or otherwise considered mainstream, like the ONA's "sinister" insanity. There are also many LaVeyans who fall into the same stereotype, quoting the trash wrote by their "Satanic" guru in no different of a way than many Fundamentalist Christians parrot the Bible or a particular pastor they like.

I also can apply this stereotype to those in the LHP who claim an almost copyright over the term LHP, as if it is some type of elite club in which only they can grant membership. The qualifications for LHP have become so twisted, I desire no part of the label.

Then, I feel the same way about the term "Satanism". I no longer even know what is and is not considered a "Satanist". These days, it seems to be about the value of the material over the "spiritual" (what I call the supernal). I am not an Atheist, so the idea of that just repulses me.

In another variation, you have "Spiritual Satanism", (Joy of Satan), which I swear just replaced the name "Jesus" and "God" with "Satan". Other strange theistic paths in "Satanism" have "Satan" painted as a being synonymous with unconditional love. Then you have those who think "Satan" is Enki, the true creator of humanity. Yet further on the scale, you have some absurd anti-cosmic version of polytheistic "Satanism" which worships anti-cosmic supernals in some type of insane Lovecraft version of what seems to be giant space octopus worship?

You also have variations of "Traditional Satanism" which seem more at home some teenager's mother's basement, where people sacrifice black cats and crows to "The Devil" because they have serious un-diagnosed mental health issues or maybe just assume that type of thing is "edgy". Never mind the weird Atheistic formats of "Satanism" as well as those versions of "Satanism" which are theistic but make it clear worship of "Satan" is totally WRONG, because apparently "Satan does not like being worshiped" solely because those people seem to think "Satan" not wanting to bow to God means "Satan" does not want to be bowed to by man? Absurdity, if you ask me.

Regardless, the mess that has become "Satanism" aside, I sincerely wonder what even qualifies and does not qualify as LHP these days?

Last edited:

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس
All the world's 'RHP' religions share a single, universal doctrine which posits that the highest good that human life can achieve is through the union with a Supreme Being / Energy of the Universe. The way in which this is achieved is through what western left hand paths recognize as a deception of one's conscious awareness into believing that one has been accepted by this Supreme Being / Energy otherwise known as the objective universe.

A simplified outlook would state the Right-Hand Path teaches divinity through association, while the Left-Hand Path teaches divinity through emulation.
An even simpler outlook is:
Thy Will be Done vs My Will be Done

ThirtyThree

All the world's 'RHP' religions share a single, universal doctrine which posits that the highest good that human life can achieve is through the union with a Supreme Being / Energy of the Universe. The way in which this is achieved is through what western left hand paths recognize as a deception of one's conscious awareness into believing that one has been accepted by this Supreme Being / Energy otherwise known as the objective universe.

A simplified outlook would state the Right-Hand Path teaches divinity through association, while the Left-Hand Path teaches divinity through emulation.
An even simpler outlook is:
Thy Will be Done vs My Will be Done

In my case, I adhere to "Thy Will Be Done", in regard to my deity. That makes me RHP?

crossfire

LHP Mercuræn Feminist Heretic ☿
Premium Member
I have always viewed the right hand path and the left hand path in terms of the pentacle and pentagram.

The pentacle has the point facing up:

pentacle_stickers-r5f2162e24c1442e9a885052278dd2783_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg

1) Man becoming one with God. (Merging with God)
2) "Spiritual" having greater importance over material. (Material is often seen as an obstacle)
3) God over self.

The pentagram has the point facing down:

pentagram.jpg

1) Man becoming (or already is) a "god".
2) Importance of material over "spiritual".
3) Self over God

To apply this to my own faith:

1) I value the supernal over the material. (RHP)
2) I value the supernal I worship over myself. (RHP)
3) I seek to become as a supernal.
  • I do not seek to be equal to my deity.
  • I seek to conform to the pattern designed for me by my deity.
  • I am already an isolate being. I do not seek individuality for its own sake.
I wouldn't say spiritual vs material fits neatly into the RHP-LHP dicotomy, imo. Oppressive factors can be either spiritual or material, just as liberating factors can be spiritual or material.
By my understanding, I am more RHP than LHP. My issue with both terms is that RHP is often used in a derogatory way, referring to all Christians (for example), as people who just follow a herd because it is there, because they were born into it or that they follow their religion for the same reason. They are likewise often painted as people who follow a religion just because they fear Hell or because they desire the reward of Heaven. It is also said often that all Christians follow their religion or their deity blindly.

I do not agree with any of the above regarding all Christians. Neither do I agree that all Christians do not think for themselves. This is the stigma I notice between those who seem to speak for the LHP and those who are on the receiving end of the accusations. While it is true some Christians do fit the stereotype, it is not true for all Christians
I agree you have to consider each individual. There are certainly LHP Christians, just as there are also RHP Satanists.

In fact, the same stereotype can be applied to many who claim they are LHP. There are some in the LHP who follow something just because it seems hetrodox to what is socially, morally or otherwise considered mainstream, like the ONA's "sinister" insanity. There are also many LaVeyans who fall into the same stereotype, quoting the trash wrote by their "Satanic" guru in no different of a way than many Fundamentalist Christians parrot the Bible or a particular pastor they like.

I also can apply this stereotype to those in the LHP who claim an almost copyright over the term LHP, as if it is some type of elite club in which only they can grant membership. The qualifications for LHP have become so twisted, I desire no part of the label.
I consider elitism to be RHP, as the elitists are the ones who do the best at emulating the given collective ideal. I'm sure there are exceptions to this. Your mileage may vary.

Then, I feel the same way about the term "Satanism". I no longer even know what is and is not considered a "Satanist". These days, it seems to be about the value of the material over the "spiritual" (what I call the supernal). I am not an Atheist, so the idea of that just repulses me.
I would agree with you that Satanism tends more towards the carnal.

In another variation, you have "Spiritual Satanism", (Joy of Satan), which I swear just replaced the name "Jesus" and "God" with "Satan". Other strange theistic paths in "Satanism" have "Satan" painted as a being synonymous with unconditional love. Then you have those who think "Satan" is Enki, the true creator of humanity. Yet further on the scale, you have some absurd anti-cosmic version of polytheistic "Satanism" which worships anti-cosmic supernals in some type of insane Lovecraft version of what seems to be giant space octopus worship?

You also have variations of "Traditional Satanism" which seem more at home some teenager's mother's basement, where people sacrifice black cats and crows to "The Devil" because they have serious un-diagnosed mental health issues or maybe just assume that type of thing is "edgy". Never mind the weird Atheistic formats of "Satanism" as well as those versions of "Satanism" which are theistic but make it clear worship of "Satan" is totally WRONG, because apparently "Satan does not like being worshiped" solely because those people seem to think "Satan" not wanting to bow to God means "Satan" does not want to be bowed to by man? Absurdity, if you ask me.
I'm not a Satanist, so I won't comment on this.

Regardless, the mess that has become "Satanism" aside, I sincerely wonder what even qualifies and does not qualify as LHP these days?
Do you have mastery over yourself? Is that a goal of yours? Would you rather have something external to yourself have mastery over you? Where do you place your trust?

ThirtyThree

I wouldn't say spiritual vs material fits neatly into the RHP-LHP dicotomy, imo. Oppressive factors can be either spiritual or material, just as liberating factors can be spiritual or material.

Agreed.

I consider elitism to be RHP, as the elitists are the ones who do the best at emulating the given collective ideal. I'm sure there are exceptions to this. Your mileage may vary.

I am deeply elitist. I do not believe all are created or born equal.

Do you have mastery over yourself? Is that a goal of yours? Would you rather have something external to yourself have mastery over you? Where do you place your trust?

1) Mastery over myself? Explain this. Do you mean to advance as far as I can?

2) I adore my deity and have no issue with calling Him Lord or Master and respecting Him in that position.

3) I place my absolute trust in my deity.

crossfire

Premium Member
:)

I am deeply elitist. I do not believe all are created or born equal.
Agreed, everyone is different, with different individual strengths and weaknesses. Is your elitism driven by hierarchical factors?

1) Mastery over myself? Explain this. Do you mean to advance as far as I can
Are you in control of your own mind? Do you do things you don't want to do by having your mind overcome by anger, greed, hatred, desire, or whatnot?

2) I adore my deity and have no issue with calling Him Lord or Master and respecting Him in that position.
What is the role of your deity? Teacher, guide, bodyguard, thug, parent, companion, friend, or what?

3) I place my absolute trust in my deity.
How much trust do you place in yourself?

ThirtyThree

Agreed, everyone is different, with different individual strengths and weaknesses. Is your elitism driven by hierarchical factors?

Please clarify?

Are you in control of your own mind? Do you do things you don't want to do by having your mind overcome by anger, greed, hatred, desire, or whatnot?

1) I am in control as much as any mortal can be.
2) I am rarely if ever overcome by emotion.

What is the role of your deity? Teacher, guide, bodyguard, thug, parent, companion, friend, or what?

Teacher, Lord and Master.

How much trust do you place in yourself?

I trust myself second to my deity.

crossfire

Premium Member
Please clarify?
Is status a major motivating factor for you?

1) I am in control as much as any mortal can be.
2) I am rarely if ever overcome by emotion.
Nothing to work on in this department then?

Teacher, Lord and Master.
What motivates your deity, and how does it differ from your motivation?

I trust myself second to my deity.
Alright. What is your deity's interest in you?

ThirtyThree

Is status a major motivating factor for you?

Not at all.

Nothing to work on in this department then?

I have a lot of lessons to learn still. I am continuously having issues with Absolutism, which so far is the hardest lesson to date.

What motivates your deity, and how does it differ from your motivation?

I do not know entirely what motivates Him.

Alright. What is your deity's interest in you?

I do not know. My devotion to Him is, as He puts it, "interesting" and "unusual". Perhaps I am some type of anomaly to Him? I do not know and will not further guess.

crossfire

Premium Member
Not at all.

I have a lot of lessons to learn still. I am continuously having issues with Absolutism, which so far is the hardest lesson to date.
Absolutes are generally unstable. ;) (Although I cannot say that is an absolute!)

I do not know entirely what motivates Him.

I do not know. My devotion to Him is, as He puts it, "interesting" and "unusual". Perhaps I am some type of anomaly to Him? I do not know and will not further guess.
What are your motives and plans in regards to your deity?

ThirtyThree

Why do you worship your deity? What's in it for you? What are your plans and expectations?

1) He is the greatest teacher I have ever had. He has taught and teaches me many things. He also has been very honest with me. For this, I know I love Him unconditionally.

2) What is written above is in it for me.

3) My plans are to continue doing my absolute best maintain the four absolutes He has taught me in regard to Him. I must also learn and apply every lesson I am given by Him.

4) What are my expectations? I only have expectations of myself, not of Him. I expect I will continue onward, eventually properly conforming to the pattern He has designed for me. I do not consider failure an option.

crossfire

Premium Member
1) He is the greatest teacher I have ever had. He has taught and teaches me many things. He also has been very honest with me. For this, I know I love Him unconditionally.

3) My plans are to continue doing my absolute best maintain the four absolutes He has taught me in regard to Him. I must also learn and apply every lesson I am given by Him.

4) What are my expectations? I only have expectations of myself, not of Him. I expect I will continue onward, eventually properly conforming to the pattern He has designed for me. I do not consider failure an option.
OK, so this deity is your guru? Is that correct?

EtuMalku

Abn Iblis ابن إبليس

Is there an end goal to your beliefs?

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
full

For me the inverse pentagram as shown above symbolizes creation and change in accordance with the mind and will -- Black Magick and the Powers of Darkness (LHP) exalted above stasis and rest.

Last edited: